Modem versions

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I see alot of new versions of modems. What is the newest version stable one and where can I get it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Does flashing Calkins rom include the latest modem? If so I'm gonna root tonight and flash away!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Does flashing Calkins rom include the latest modem? If so I'm gonna root tonight and flash away!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

No. His ROM doesn't include the modem actually. You have to flash it separately in the same CWM session that you use to flash the ROM. So you can flash the FD02 modem to match the ROM base version, or FD05 or any other really.

Reactions: hawaiijedi

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
No. His ROM doesn't include the modem actually. You have to flash it separately in the same CWM session that you use to flash the ROM. So you can flash the FD02 modem to match the ROM base version, or FD05 or any other really.

Do you have a link to where I can download these modems?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a link to where I can download these modems?

Second post above. Click that link then scroll down the the bottom of the first post. All the modems linked there.

Reactions: fofjjsr

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Can I use EL29 modem with FD05 ROM? I heard the new modems that are ics based cause the phone to reboot while using 4g and aren't fully stable yet

Been running FC 22 with no problems over EL 29...
Tried several with no problems, however my speeds always seem terrible with the latest modems.

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Been running FC 22 with no problems over EL 29...
Tried several with no problems, however my speeds always seem terrible with the latest modems.

Thanks! Did u flash the ROM using Rogue or cwm? Man im totally excited to use ics now! Im so glad there arent modem requirements... Phew!

Edit: my bad, rogue is cwm lol noobed myself. Proud new owner of an e4gt rockin ics!

Last edited:

BerryCoolGuy

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i'm looking to switch my modem im on EL29, im rooted but no custom rom flashed yet ( undecided on one ) can i flash/odin a different modem on a stock rom but rooted? i'm having some crappy signals keeps dropping bad and sometimes goes into roam mode, called sprint all is fine with my cell and there towers, any suggestions to use? Thanks for any help/feed back

P.S. looking over here for some [ ROM ] Calkulin's E4GT 2 v1.6 [ ICS l FE22 l Tweaked l Battery Saver Script ] - xda-developers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae