Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Thumbs down Loved my Samsung Epic 4G but hated Sprint coverage...I left!!

    I have been with Sprint for 6+ years and have never experienced constant dropped calls, echoing while talking to someone, text messages sent not received/delayed, test messages to me not received/delayed, 1998 dial up speeds while surfing the net on my samsung epic touch 4g, no 4g service at all or very spotty...the last straw was the runaround from sprint customer service. no answers, playing stupid that they dont know whats going on and asking us to restart phone, go to a tech center so they don't have to deal with you over the phone, the constant excuses and lies.

    I just recently switched to Verizon and it was the best move ever. I pay more money monthly but you get what you pay for and in this case RELIABLE service and TRUE 4G SPEED! Also the company you work for might get you a monthly discount so make sure you ask, I get 20% off which helped.

    My new phone Motorola Razr Maxx pretty much is same size as Samsung Epic Touch 4G but with more features and an awesome battery life...I take my phone off charger at 730am and it lasts till midnight with HEAVY usage and not once charging it at office or in car.
    Last edited by kpazzo6; 04-12-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Samsung Epic Touch 4G aka Samsung Galaxy SII
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Loved my Samsung Epic 4G but hated Sprint coverage...I left!!

    I believe a lot of people are headed down that road. Sprint's coverage is very spotty for me lately. It was just decent back when I had the Evo.
  3. #3  

    Default

    I agree with you I'm gonna try and flash a rom and root my epic 4g and if it doesn't help things I'm gone

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    TheDonJ77's Avatar

    Posts
    407 Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

    Default Re: Loved my Samsung Epic 4G but hated Sprint coverage...I left!!

    I am having some issues with sprint as well. For the last month my tower has been down which gives me no signal at home, no 3g and 1 bar of roaming. I am trying to be patient because of network vision and the 4g lte rollout but I am getting frustrated. If I could get an unlimited data plan with vzw, I probably would roll.
  5. #5  
    MannyZ28's Avatar

    Posts
    2,560 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whodatboy View Post
    I am having some issues with sprint as well. For the last month my tower has been down which gives me no signal at home, no 3g and 1 bar of roaming. I am trying to be patient because of network vision and the 4g lte rollout but I am getting frustrated. If I could get an unlimited data plan with vzw, I probably would roll.
    If you can confirm with sprint that the tower serving your area is down, I am sure they would do something for you like provide an airave so you can use your home Internet connection as a sprint tower in your own house. Give them a call and see what they have to offer.
  6. #6  
    TheDonJ77's Avatar

    Posts
    407 Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

    Default Re: Loved my Samsung Epic 4G but hated Sprint coverage...I left!!

    Thanks manny, I will do that right now
  7. #7  
    TheDonJ77's Avatar

    Posts
    407 Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

    Default Re: Loved my Samsung Epic 4G but hated Sprint coverage...I left!!

    Called sprint, tower confirmed down for about a month. They are sending me an airwave today. I will check out the airwave thread for set up.
  8. #8  
    fofjjsr's Avatar
    Android4life

    Posts
    596 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whodatboy View Post
    Called sprint, tower confirmed down for about a month. They are sending me an airwave today. I will check out the airwave thread for set up.
    Nothing really to set up. Pretty much does it itself. I got one myself.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  9. #9  
    TheDonJ77's Avatar

    Posts
    407 Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fofjjsr View Post
    Nothing really to set up. Pretty much does it itself. I got one myself.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    How well does it work?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Loved my Samsung Epic 4G but hated Sprint coverage...I left!!

    Quote Originally Posted by whodatboy View Post
    How well does it work?
    Same thing happened to me. Tower in my area went down during the last power outage out here in SoCal and never came back up. They sent me an Airave immediately. Like fofjjsr said, there's basically no setup. Just plug it into your router and you're pretty much done. Works great. U basically have perfect service in your house 24/7 as long as your internet connection doesn't go down. Only thing you have to remember is that data doesn't work through the airave, so make sure wifi is on when you're in your house. I gotta give sprint props for doing what they can to solve these "in house" issues.
  11. #11  

    Default

    I'm getting good coverage. Yesterday I got 8Mps. I was in shock. Im sticking to the E4GT. I love this phone. Especially coming from an iPhone 4s with .05Mps speeds. No regrets here.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Loved my Samsung Epic 4G but hated Sprint coverage...I left!!

    I find it very odd that towers are down all over the country. I go to NY and call about the crappie service and the response I get is that a tower is down. I go back to Mass. And complain about the service and am told that a tower was down and service was restored yet the signal still was terrible. I honestly think they tell everyone that towers are down so that you'll hang on and hopefully they will upgrade at somepoint and your service will be better.
  13. #13  

    Default

    They tell me that the towers are down whenever I use to complain about my iPhones data speeds. They lie. Lol
    redhdgirl417 likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Loved my Samsung Epic 4G but hated Sprint coverage...I left!!

    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Same thing happened to me. Tower in my area went down during the last power outage out here in SoCal and never came back up. They sent me an Airave immediately. Like fofjjsr said, there's basically no setup. Just plug it into your router and you're pretty much done. Works great. U basically have perfect service in your house 24/7 as long as your internet connection doesn't go down. Only thing you have to remember is that data doesn't work through the airave, so make sure wifi is on when you're in your house. I gotta give sprint props for doing what they can to solve these "in house" issues.
    They say data doesn't work thru airwave, somethings not completely true with that. If the power goes out, or the internet... Just put the phone down! 56k - 150k seriously unusable, however with that airwave box you can actually surf about 1.3 - 1.6MBps & it consumes low wattage also so I just leave plugged in.
  15. #15  
    tony404's Avatar

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

    Default Re: Loved my Samsung Epic 4G but hated Sprint coverage...I left!!

    My wife has ATT and Im with sprint. Im been with sprint for about 5 months.I find sprint is better than att, are there dead places yes but I find less than when I was with att.
  16. #16  
    TheDonJ77's Avatar

    Posts
    407 Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

    Default Re: Loved my Samsung Epic 4G but hated Sprint coverage...I left!!

    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Same thing happened to me. Tower in my area went down during the last power outage out here in SoCal and never came back up. They sent me an Airave immediately. Like fofjjsr said, there's basically no setup. Just plug it into your router and you're pretty much done. Works great. U basically have perfect service in your house 24/7 as long as your internet connection doesn't go down. Only thing you have to remember is that data doesn't work through the airave, so make sure wifi is on when you're in your house. I gotta give sprint props for doing what they can to solve these "in house" issues.
    Airave was a breeze to set up, just plug in and set up on it's own. As far as the data thing, the rep told me that they sent me out a newer model which took care of voice and data. I didn't even check to verify if that was true or not. Either way, I'm satisfied. Finally I can use my phone again in the house until tower gets restored. Thank you sprint
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidBabe View Post
    I'm getting good coverage. Yesterday I got 8Mps. I was in shock. Im sticking to the E4GT. I love this phone. Especially coming from an iPhone 4s with .05Mps speeds. No regrets here.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Loved my Samsung Epic 4G but hated Sprint coverage...I left!!

    Right on! It's nice to hear someone else is happy with their sprint service. I'm in Corvallis Or. and get great wimax service on my e4gt.
  19. #19  

    Default

    Good SPRINT SERVICE ON MY EPIC TOUCH IN NORTH CAROLINA!!!

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  20. #20  
    w9awx's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Loved my Samsung Epic 4G but hated Sprint coverage...I left!!

    Sprint's customer service has kept me with them. They've answered all my questions honestly as they can. Even helped me get my upgrade before my contract was up due to phone issues. They ordered me an airwave free because if our ongoing cell service issue. Ever since, no call or data quality issues.
  21. #21  

    Default

    I'm in Salisbury,NC. I get dropped calls along the 85 corridor.I've been told by phone reps and store managers that sprint is working on upgrading towers in this area and it's been underway for some time and will continue for some time into the future. I get dropped calls, echoes and slow internet. Limited 4G in my area.I also use a VZW mi-fi box from my employer. It is awesome! I've been with sprint for over 10 years.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  22. #22  

    Default

    In Wash DC, SPRINT coverage was sketchy in the past but has improved over the years since I've been aboard. Customer service hooked me when SPRINT called with suggestions on how to lower my monthly bill!

    I am the Galaxy and I Approve this Message
    Sent from my SPH-D710
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Loved my Samsung Epic 4G but hated Sprint coverage...I left!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    If you can confirm with sprint that the tower serving your area is down, I am sure they would do something for you like provide an airave so you can use your home Internet connection as a sprint tower in your own house. Give them a call and see what they have to offer.
    i did that they did absolutely nothing for me but give me another fone and my signal still sucks.....i will be home and be roaming and they say there is a tower right by my house....well if thats the case y am i always roaming!!!! im waiting for sprint to send me that letter about roaming!!!! uuuggghhhh i hate paying my bill....because im paying for service i NEVER receive.
  24. #24  

    Default

    I'm lucky as I get really good Sprint coverage in San Diego. Both voice and data, although no WiMax. Although, if they don't have LTE here, or at minimum rolled out Project Vision by next summer, I'm gone like a bad habit. 10 years with Sprint now has been a satisfying experience, but I'm done not having 4G.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    I'm lucky as I get really good Sprint coverage in San Diego. Both voice and data, although no WiMax. Although, if they don't have LTE here, or at minimum rolled out Project Vision by next summer, I'm gone like a bad habit. 10 years with Sprint now has been a satisfying experience, but I'm done not having 4G.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    My 3g signalm was great in my house but data was a little slow. The problem I had was when I went anywhere else. When I went to the Verizon store to switch they needed my sprint account number. I tried to bring up the Sprint website and it took a full minute to come up. And the whole front of the store was glass. I was in a major shopping area too. Went to NYC and couldn't get data inside buildings. Went to New Hampshire and the phone fought between trying to get a signal and roaming and I couldn't access yelp. Unlimited data is great but with so many areas that I couldn't use it, it wasn't worth it. There are cities where I couldn't get a signal that I now get 4 bars of LTE with Verizon. And that's outside. I was not prepared for how bad sprint was. I will admit voice was really good. I hardly ever dropped a call. But who uses their phone primarily as a phone these days?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B