How to permanently disable Car Mode?

OlayBlade

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have JUST had this problem, was bugging me for hours for my Galaxy Note.
There is no way to disable it, I just took the battery out restarted it, did this several times as it didn't work the 1st time.

Make sure you have insurance as a back up!

The only modes on the phone are normal and airplane mode.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Best solution is to install a car mode app that is actually useful. iBOLT Dock'n Drive 2.2 is free on the play store, and it has the ability to automatically switch on bluetooth and switch off wifi when docked. You can customise the screen with large buttons for your preferred nav programme, music programmes, or direct dials. It has USB to charge it and connect it to your stereo but I prefer to use Bluetooth which handles both music and calls from the phone to the speakers. Leave your GPS on, Android doesn't allow automatic switching anymore but it doesn't drain the battery.

The other apps mentioned above don't seem to support Jellybean and later, so are a bit hit or miss unless you are still on Gingerbread or ICS.

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
If your talking about the vlingo based voice command app I went into settings-apps manager-voice command and disabled it. No longer even shows up in my app drawer unless I enable it again.

Sent from my galaxy tab sch i800

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
If your talking about the vlingo based voice command app I went into settings-apps manager-voice command and disabled it. No longer even shows up in my app drawer unless I enable it again.

You can do that, but a galaxy note 1 fitted to a Samsung oem dock will still bring up the car dock menu which had to be turned off every time. it's hard wired in, you can't disable it. Best to replace it with something better in that case.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
You can do that, but a galaxy note 1 fitted to a Samsung oem dock will still bring up the car dock menu which had to be turned off every time. it's hard wired in, you can't disable it. Best to replace it with something better in that case.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Well that must be very annoying

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
What is the name of the app?

If you're asking for the name of an app to help in disabling (or bypassing) the standard Car Dock app, I suggest you try out "Dock No-Op", which is Free in the Play store (link below). I had success with this app while running GB, ICS, and JB on the GS2. I've since moved on to a rooted Kit-Kat ROM (which is awesome), so I no longer need this function. So, I can't guarantee it will work on your device, but I don't believe there's any harm in giving it a try. --- Good Luck!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.megagram.docknoop&hl=en&token=5gOyjHID

JuneZ

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. I got car mode completely disabled by doung the following....
go to application manager - all applications - search for car mode and force stop.

Then go to applications and select car mode, it will take you through the steps again to set it up and there will be a box that is ticked saying start car mode automaticle when connected to this bluetooth device, untick and complete setup.

Then follow steps in application manager and force stop.

Hope this works for you, it did for me.

Good luck

Jackye Hodge

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
To disable car mode when using your Bluetooth in your car (Samsung S5) go to car mode icon from the pull down menu. once there tap on car mode when Hi Galaxy page is up touch the 3 little dots on the top right of your screen, then touch Settings then touch Register Car then uncheck Auto Open via Bluetooth.... once you uncheck you will no longer have Galaxy Drive mode speaking to you when you don't want to hear it and car mode will not automatically come up when you turn on your bluetooth..You can always go back to menu to select car mode when you want to use that app.

Larry Maggitti

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Do NOT install Dock'n drive. It makes the problem MUCH worse, popping up constantly and making the phone unusable. Very, very bad advice.

I still don't know how to fix this. None of the suggestions here work, though only the Dock'n drive suggestion makes things worse. I am sure that this is an intentional virus planted by samsung, probably with the cooperation of verizon, to force you to buy a new phone. These sick twisted evil "people" should be in jail.

Further edit - the Car Mode Off app in the app store seems to fix this easily and completely.

Last edited:

RBEmerson

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Two other options: Under Lolipop (but I think it'll work under KitKat), use app manager to open up Force Stop, etc. and tap the Disable button instead.

For those with a rooted phone, use Titanium's Freeze to make car mode go away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz