Still no ICS...........

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I'd gladly wait for a polished 4.0 than one released too soon with bugs. Plus, the official ics release for our device won't be Vanilla. So there will be little visual difference in what we currently have. Unless, of course, if you root and install a vanilla build, which you can do know.

just choose the non touchwiz launcher and bam you have Vanilla Android more or less. I installed the fd24 build of ics (I'm back to gingerbread now, too buggy) and I was using the default ics launcher. looked and behaved just like my wife's Nexus S.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
They're up to FD26 at XDA and it sounds like it fixed a lot of the remaining bugs. I wouldn't be surprised if there's only one more "leak" and then we're gold. I'm going to wait until the final rooted OTA is available. I can't muck about with test ROMs because I need a working phone.

steddora

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm running FD26 and love it. Haven't ran into a single snag. Only problem i see here is the scrolling seems a bit speedy. But once you get used to it, it's actually quite nice being able to scroll through a half a million things in a blink of an eye. Just have to be more gentle with the Swyping. Pun intended :D

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm running FD26 and love it. Haven't ran into a single snag. Only problem i see here is the scrolling seems a bit speedy. But once you get used to it, it's actually quite nice being able to scroll through a half a million things in a blink of an eye. Just have to be more gentle with the Swyping. Pun intended :D

Running the latest FD26 leak myself... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1623876 and it's by far the most stable and smoothest run version yet. Not one issue yet and the battery life on it is just insane.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
QBKing77 does a heck of a job walking you through a lot on YouTube. Check it out.

I lived by this video when I was thinking about rooting!

I watched it I don't know how many times before rooting my phone.....lol

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
They're up to FD26 at XDA and it sounds like it fixed a lot of the remaining bugs. I wouldn't be surprised if there's only one more "leak" and then we're gold. I'm going to wait until the final rooted OTA is available. I can't muck about with test ROMs because I need a working phone.

The latest builds - heck, most of the FDxx series but particularly FD24/26 - have been daily driver status. My only beef with it (corp. wi-fi) is also now resolved.

TomD

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
From the Samsung ICS update page:

SAMSUNG

Only one of 16 US phones/Tablets has an update to ICS. This hasn't changed for weeks.

Its not looking good for us any time soon.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Even more ominous, the only phone that was updated is a Nexus device that was updated from Google. On the flip side, JayWill has posted that the most recent build is pretty close to release quality. Hopefully that is a good sign.

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm still holding out for an official release of ICS, but I'm starting to get kinda antsy. It feels like ICS should be coming any day now but it's not. :(

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to wait for an official update from Samsung and Sprint. But instead I bit the bullet and went ahead and rooted my phone and installed AOKP build 37 on it. It runs very smoothly.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
The ROM I'm using now is rocking the FE16 leak and it's running smooth. The best part is that (and I'm hoping I'm not jinxing myself) I haven't gotten any 4G reboots!! :D

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
The ROM I'm using now is rocking the FE16 leak and it's running smooth. The best part is that (and I'm hoping I'm not jinxing myself) I haven't gotten any 4G reboots!! :D

I don't get to much 4G where I live so I don't normally use it. But I haven't gotten any reboots at all! Everything is running so smooth.

I'm running AOKP Build 37.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I will probably purchase Nexus devices from here on out. I'm still enjoying my GSII but am getting tired of waiting for the latest updates. I didn't heed warnings about Sammy's slow stateside updates.

Skipped the current Nexus as it wasn't a huge upgrade. But going forward...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I literally only want 4.0 for Chrome compatibility. Rooting may be the only solution?

Chrome is still screwy on our phone as of the latest available ICS build. It's a Chrome issue though, not necessarily our phone. Hopefully Google gets it sorted out sooner rather than later.

Reactions: roces9