Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lanhoj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App to wipe out or lock phone if lost or stolen

I'm looking fire an app that will either lock my phone or wipe its memory Invar it ever gets lost or stolen. Has anyone found any that work well and aren't malicious.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Seekdroid in play store

Sent from Steve Jobs' grave

ROM
    AC!

Angry Re: App to wipe out or lock phone if lost or stolen

The problem is..with any apps that aims for security and all, is..... if the damn GPS, and the RADIO worked as it should on this phone, it would be of great use.

Default Re: App to wipe out or lock phone if lost or stolen

Sprint recommends Norton, i tried it, it works but you can only lock the device on the free version. Also if you have a subscription on your desk top you still have to buy the paid version...

ROM
    Jelly Bean

If I'm not mistaken if you pay monthly for insurance from Sprint & your ph gets stolen they can wipe out the data info. for you. That's what I was told when I purchased my SGII. My last ph a LG Optimus got stolen from me and the mfer's had tried to access my Gmail acct. but couldn't since I have 2 step verification process. None the less I asked Sprint about wiping data info on phone if it's ever stolen. They told me with insurance they can wipe it from their end.

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

I recommend avast.

I like ANDROID LOST and its free
    Sent from my Nexus 7

I swear by Phone Locator Pro and Seek Droid. Both are paid but really awesome.

In one case I lost my Nexus S last year and Phone Locator Pro sent me a picture taken by the front-facing camera. I then GPS'ed it and waited for the guy to leave the building. When I saw him leave I used my backup phone to force it to ring at full volume with it being forced to lock with my custom message displayed. It purposely was an embarrassing ring I had set so as he was fumbling to try to find a way to silence it I approached him and in a nice manner retrieved my device.
    Can't get a much better testimonial that that!

Worth the 5$ just to be able to hear my friends / co-workers response when I tell them that story, LoL.
    Kikoshi likes this.

Webroot. It's light, free, and amazing.

ROM
    AC!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    I swear by Phone Locator Pro and Seek Droid. Both are paid but really awesome.

In one case I lost my Nexus S last year and Phone Locator Pro sent me a picture taken by the front-facing camera. I then GPS'ed it and waited for the guy to leave the building. When I saw him leave I used my backup phone to force it to ring at full volume with it being forced to lock with my custom message displayed. It purposely was an embarrassing ring I had set so as he was fumbling to try to find a way to silence it I approached him and in a nice manner retrieved my device.
    Can't get a much better testimonial that that!

Worth the 5$ just to be able to hear my friends / co-workers response when I tell them that story, LoL.
    If only ET4G had such great GPS reception...

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

androidlost here too.

Disclaimer: Have not yet lost phone , hope I don't.

I just discovered cerberus anti-theft app yesterday after seeing its review in youtube video, which was comparing it to apple's iphone tracking service. It gives 6 days trial and has simple web interface. I like the feature that takes the picture, and captures audio/vidoe of the user/thief remotely. But the camera picture taking sound makes it not as stealthy. There was an issue when I sent some command to the phone and phone screen went black and I had to restart the phone to get it back on again. But this app offers lot of tracking options, dont know if wiping requires root or not, but as such the options this app provides makes it an instant hit for me.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you have insurance with Sprint, you can get the total equipment protection app from the sprint section in the play store for free. Once you install it you set up a pin and can access the phone location/lock/wipe remotely from the insurion website. You can set the app to never report your location unless you request it from the website or have it ping the location at a user set time period. With it set to never, I can't tell that it uses any battery at all. It is good to know i have it if I ever need it.

Lookout is good and so is Where's my Droid?. Both have remote wipe available. I actually prefer Where's my Droid? because it runs seamlessly in the background and really doesn't use any phone resources until you need it to, which I hope I never need it to. Lol!
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!

Quarter2five: Any clues how to set it up? I purchased it in Google Play, and phone indicates it installed it. But where does one go from there? NOT even sure if it trully downloaded as only new icon does NOT look like the one above (two posts). Jim

ROM
    Cold As Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyfido View Post
    Lookout is good and so is Where's my Droid?. Both have remote wipe available. I actually prefer Where's my Droid? because it runs seamlessly in the background and really doesn't use any phone resources until you need it to, which I hope I never need it to. Lol!
    Yea me too, I use it to wake my sons phone.

avast has a free anti theft (In there antivirus app)

I use Cerberus on my phone

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums