voice talk vs talk command

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that voice command works so much better than the voice talk. Is there any way of subsuting the two so when your long press the search button it will bring up voice command instead of voice talk?

Thanks in advance

omahawildcat

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that voice command works so much better than the voice talk. Is there any way of subsuting the two so when your long press the search button it will bring up voice command instead of voice talk?

Thanks in advance

Eva works better than both.

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is possible. That is how mine is set up. Go to settings>applications>manage applications>all, and then scroll down to voice search and select clear defaults. Then go back to the home screen and long press the search button. It should give you the option to select either the google voice search or vlingo voice talk. Select set as default for Google Voice Search and you should be good to go.

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Voice talk is is what is by default on the search button. I am trying to change it to voice command.

When you go to settings/ apps/all the only "voice"settings are voice recorder, voice search and voice command. so even when I clear the default on voice command and go back and long press the search button the only default options that come up are voice talk, and voice search.

Is there a way of making voice command the default? I know that when voice talk comes up that in the settings is voice command option but is there a way just voice command comes up without having to go through voice talk?

Thanks you in advance

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I misunderstood what you meant by voice command. I thought you were taking about Google Voice Actions (voice search). To use Vlingo Voice command I think your only option is to put a shortcut on your home screen. You could put it in the dock so that it is always there if you use it that much.

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
This seems to be the case.

Voice talk does not reconize commands like "open camera" or open calclator" and things like that. Voice command will reconize those commands but cannot understand "check schedule" ( it opens a google search.)

I did some looking at that EVA program and have seen mixed reviews.....

Anyone care to tell me what they think of it and it's functionality?

Thanks in advance

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12