Best way to backup and restore my data when upgrading my ics.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
sadly not many options if your not rooted and not doing an ota ( over the air) if your flashing from a computer your going to loose everything but if your rooted get titanium back up get the pro its deff worth the 5 dollars it let's you store a batch file on your SD card and when you got the batch done all your applications are done it do sent store contacts or sms / text messeges but as long as you sync with Google settings> accounts sync> and just sync it to our Google account and it will store your contacts ) but if its an ota update from the carrier youvshouldnt have anything to worry about it just updates all the drivers for the is and redskins it to the pics skin and bam you got pics ;) with no data loss but if your rooted and flashing rooms it gets intresting

movi3king

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried without loosing data and just ended up with problems. I ended up doing full restore to fd24 and had slight issues because my version of "my backup pro" was crashing. I ended up downloading free version from play store and all went fine.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmm if I use titanium but that's root only personally I don't care about text messeges and crap I just sync all my contacts with Google and do a factory restore wipe my dalvic cache and flash a new rom:-! But if your rooted there's a mother app by the same people that do. Titanium and they store all your multi media text and what not its 3 bucks but if that's important to you 3 bucks is worth it

steddora

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I went from EL29 to FD26 with the preserve user data option just to see how it would go. I got an extra screen that popped up right before the touchwiz interface loaded that showed updating applications. After the two minute wait, I let it boot up and restarted. After the boot I played with many of the apps i have installed. So far, the only issue I've had with the upgrade its the scrolling speed which is a known problem. All my apps work great, not single crash or force close at all. Heck, most of them work a butt load better than they did in gingerbread EL29! Though, I'm not saying it'll work for you, but i did it without a hitch. Though, if I brick it, I'll go grab a galaxy nexus to replace it. :)

eq0120

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
i went to the mijjz blend ics fd19 first, then upgraded to fd26 with the modded format all, kept having a lot of rebooting issues, so did a complete format and haven't had a problem yet. Been using Titanium backup pro since i rooted and couldn't be any happier with it. It replaced 2 apps that i used to use (appmonster, and mybackup). It's well worth the $6 cost for all the features it has and all the options it gives you, like freezing and un-installing bloatware from carrier.