Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eozdalga
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "There is no calendar present" HELPP

Hey guys after upgrading my phone yesterday to ics fd24 I get an error saying that there is no calendar present and I can't sync my calendar events which I must have.

Also I am missing my gallary....

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

ROM
    SyndicateRom Frozen 1.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by movi3king View Post
    Hey guys after upgrading my phone yesterday to ics fd24 I get an error saying that there is no calendar present and I can't sync my calendar events which I must have.

Assuming your calendar app is not gone, clear it's data and also for the calendar storage app. Make sure from a computer you have selected the calendars you want to on google.

Also I am missing my gallary....

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
    SubjectSigma likes this.
    Luvzmobile

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Default Re: "There is no calendar present" HELPP

I just flashed mine yesterday and the only thing missing is a calender widget. If it were me I would re flash. How did you flash?? I would use this method from XDA using the full restore option. Unless one of the geeks around here suggest some other option.
    Galaxy S5
    Sony Smartwatch 2
    Nexus 10
    Flashaholic

ROM
    PACman

Aside from being called geeks I guess I'll answer

Download the rom as a cwm flashable zip if you don't already have it, open it up and extract the calender and gallery apks and any others you find missing compared to your file system in /system/app/ and then you can push them to your phone, make sure the permissions are rw r r (I think that's it, someone else can confirm like JayWill maybe ) and then you should be able to just reboot and have them.

Also, if you're using an odexed rom, make sure you download an odexed rom and also push the odex files that are paired with the apks. If you're using a deodexed rom, download a deodexed rom and you'll only need the apk.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hey guys thanks so much for all that. I ended up going deoxed with a full restore instead of keeping data and all went smooth.

But I learnt something new now. Didn't know I can extract apk's from a zip.