Can I easily sync with outlook calendar? How?

sls639

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, new to android, had it about a week or two. I've searched this forum over and over trying to find out HOW to sync my calendar with the outlook calendar on my pc. it would be nice to sit down in my office each evening and have the phone do it automatically. WiFi or tethered either one would work for me. I've tried a few different apps, but i'm afraid that my "techie" side is just not up to snuff to figure it out. what i have been able to do is save my calendar as a file then download it, (using Kies) but that doesn't really help. I need it to sync back and forth, change appts. and such. So first, "what app?" then "how?"
Thanks!!

dboehlje

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Look into CompanionLink and DejaOffice. It isn't cheap, $50 for a lifetime license but I can't find anything better to sync stand alone Outlook. They have USB and Wifi options to sync, either automatically or manually. It syncs to a separate set of databases (calendar, contacts, memos and notes) than stock android but gives the ability to sync directly with Outlook and either go through Google or not. Essentially you have a lot of control over how to sync and who has access to your data. Good luck.

sls639

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks! sounds a little steep. it does have a free trial which i'll probably check out. reason why i say it sounds steep is because i only really need to sync the calendar. i don't use outlook for contacts, and the email is already sent to the phone.

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
Ok, thanks! sounds a little steep. it does have a free trial which i'll probably check out. reason why i say it sounds steep is because i only really need to sync the calendar. i don't use outlook for contacts, and the email is already sent to the phone.

I'm happy to answer any question you may have about using CompanionLink if you download the trial to check it out. And, if you end up deciding it's the best fit for what you want to accomplish with your sync, go ahead and use the code POST10 at checkout to save $10 ;)

- David

Shiree in DC

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Why couldn't you just got to calendar, hit the menu icon, hit calendar sync, then add account, then microsoft exchange activesync. From there type in your outlook email and password. From there it may be trial and error on the connection options, I think there are three options. Any way, that worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Lois Muiselaar

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Can I sync all of outlook, calendar, note, tasks, contacts with galaxy 2 real easy

Hi there. I m a blackberry user only because I can sync all my Microsoft outlook files with it very easy. Having two businesses and hundreds of emails, heavy user of calendar, notes, tasks I must be able to sync back and forth every day. How can I do this with ease?

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
Re: Can I sync all of outlook, calendar, note, tasks, contacts with galaxy 2 real easy

Having two businesses and hundreds of emails, heavy user of calendar, notes, tasks I must be able to sync back and forth every day. How can I do this with ease?

All Android devices can be set to sync calendar, tasks, and notes with Outlook. Most don't ship with software that does this, or does it well. For example, some devices ship with software that handles Contacts and Calendar, but not Tasks or Notes. Other Androids come with software that handles tasks and notes, but don't support Categories.

CompanionLink's Android sync product supports Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, Journal, Categories, and Contact Photos. It also supports recurring appointments and tasks from Outlook and multiple task priority styles (Outlook, Getting Things Done, Franklin Covey, etc). If you run into trouble, there is a phone number you can call to reach a real person.

Link that describes the four sync options (USB, WiFi, DejaCloud, and Google): Sync Outlook with Android Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, Journal, and Categories

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can I sync all of outlook, calendar, note, tasks, contacts with galaxy 2 real easy

Id recommend EVO Collaborator for Outlook as alternative. Its what iv been using since the service for Google Calendar Sync has been suspended in August 2014.
Its basically just an add-in to Outlook. And its cheaper too lol