Charging Issue

firedroidguy

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got an SII from a buddy and after factory resetting it the phone is "always"charging. By this I mean the charging light is always on and the battery icon shows it is charging without being plugged in. Any ideas?? Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You said this happened after a factory reset. Was it doing this before the reset to your knowledge or did you not notice?

1. Is the phone still stock or is it rooted? This could be a result of a problem within a custom ROM/kernel.

2. Try another factory reset and see if it clears up

3. You may have a hard ware related issue, either in the device itself or possibly even just a faulty battery.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this is often indicative of a problem with the charging port. I would try another factory reset as Paul suggested. Also, shut the phone down and pull the battery. Let it sit out a minute or two then put it back in and power up. Then charge to full and see if it continues. If it does, you may want to try lightly brushing the charging port with a toothbrush and a little bit of high % isopropyl alcohol. But I would try spraying out the port with a can of compressed air first.

Hopefully your phone doesn't have light water damage, which I've heard about affecting the port on this phone. If all else fails, you should consider taking it into a Sprint tech center and have them look at it.

Good luck!

firedroidguy

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
To my knowledge the phone had no issues and was only a few months old. I did the reset to clear all data of his *which didnt fully clear* and thats when I noticed it. Since I didnt buy it from Sprint will it still have the full warranty? Thanks

firedroidguy

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So I shut it down pulled the battery and waited 5 minutes before putting it back in. Now that it's back up the USB icon is in the notification bar and it's saying..."USB connected MTP-Connected. Any ideas before another reset??

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
If it is only a few months old then it should still be under factory warranty. Have your buddy go with you to a sprint store and have them take a look at it. Maybe you will get a brand new S2 out of the deal.

Draco93x12

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue with my E4GT. I paid $35 because I didn't have insurance but I got a new E4GT and if you want you can request the opposite color.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So I shut it down pulled the battery and waited 5 minutes before putting it back in. Now that it's back up the USB icon is in the notification bar and it's saying..."USB connected MTP-Connected. Any ideas before another reset??

You'll have to check with Sprint on this, but assuming the phone is active on one of your lines, they should service it under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty, and if they cannot fix it, replace it with a working (hopefully) refurbished unit for a $35 fee (as stated in the post above).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995