would you do this or sell it yourself?

tony404

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about upgrading early , I called sprint. They told for $165 my contract is 10 month old. I could upgrade in 24 hrs and they offer $115 for my phone. I havent decided what to do, if I did it. Would you sell the phone to sprint or sell yourself?

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
No way 115 it's only 8 months old! it's valuehasn't depreciated that much especially if yours looks like mine (scratchless)! Their in the business of selling, so they'll never give you a fair deal. Unless your device is damaged, i.e. broken charger port / water damage... You eggplant want to pass this problem to buyer! Or if you don't want to deal with the wait, & hassle of selling it yourself don't do it!:( i, d Say at (least) $175 easy!:-$

tony404

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
The $165 is for to give me a upgrade date of tomorrow instead of july 19 2013 and my phone is perfect with ghost armour on it from day one. You make good points, considering I have accessories seido battery, a cradle. Maybe I just wait , im a flake lol

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, let me just see if I can make some sense here. If Sprint is telling you for $165 they will let you bump up your upgrade to tomorrow, you would then pay $200 for the device. For $365 you would have a new phone, your existing phone, and a new two year contract. You could easily sell your device for $200 on ebay or something else. Net out of pocket is $165, new phone, no current phone (I'm assuming this a Samsung Epic 4G Touch).

Or you could sell back your phone for $115 to Sprint and pay the full retail price for the phone ($500-$600 depending on device). Thats $385 and you only have the new phone.

Unless I'm messing up some details that seems like a no brainer. You could pay less and still have both phones.

I've got one last annual upgrade left this August. Debating the GS3 or Evo 4G LTE (One X). Should be interesting if anything else gets announced.

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
i don't see any reason to upgrade. The epic is still the best phone on sprint and the S3 and One X really aren't that big of a difference. I'd wait until they make a quad core with LTE capabilities. If you upgrade now you'll just have to go through this whole thing again.

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd wait until Sprint has their LTE network up and running in your area.....waste of time to get a LTE ph now.....Just my 2 cents!

TnA206

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Aren't you going to be stuck on sprints sorry a** 3g until they get lte up and running. (No wimax) ?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind most customers who they allow to buy out of there contract early are on the old 2 year contract. Once you do it, the next contract you sign has 350.00 etf and a mandatory 36.00 upgrade fee. Just take the time and do the math!