ICS FE10, but now Google Play won't download. Ideas?

thegordo

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, I took the dive and installed FE10 from GB. It's nice, but I'm not amazed yet. I've yet to dive into what it can really do, I suppose.

I did lose swype, and I don't see it in the app store, but I see there are several apps that are available (recommendations?). My bigger problem is that Google Play isn't downloading apps. It does everything else right up to downloading an app, but when I hit 'accept & download' it never actually begins the download. I just get the running blue bar. All other phone and data functions, including the store itself, work just fine.

I've rebooted, force-closed Google Play, and even tried to clear data, which was greyed out and wasn't an option. I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't figure it out. Can anyone help with this?

Last edited:

steddora

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you booted into recovery and cleared the dalvik cache? I didn't have any problems with anything when I went from GB to ICS. However, I went from EL29GB to FD26ICS and up to FE10.

I'd try clearing those cache's in the recovery and see if it helps.

thegordo

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
He shoots, he scores! Thanks, Steddora!

For other newbies like me, to boot into recovery for the E4GT: hold Volume Up, Home, & the Power button, continue to hold all three until the screen flashes, then release all buttons. For me, the recovery screen with the android robot came up.

I selected 'clear cache partition' from the choices given.

Rebooted. Voila!

Thanks again!