One Week of Using Galaxy SII and not happy!!

OmarF82

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by oskar1995<br />
I'm curious how you aren't rooted and are running 4.0.3 "stock" on the E4GT. ICS hasn't been officially released for the E4GT and the most recent stock version is 2.3.6 (and the EL29 kernel).
<br />
<br />
You can actually flash ICS and not have a rooted phone, by flashing a stock unrooted TAR in Odin.<br />
<br />
To the OP ... I think we're going to need more information on how you obtained your phone, what you may or may not have flashed onto it and the process you used in order to provide some further feedback on your issues. Since you have 4.0.3 it tells me you have an earlier ICS build. Samsung updated it to 4.0.4 in one of the more recent builds (FD24 I think). Anyhoo, if you care to share some more information we can possibly narrow down to what's causing your problems.<br />
<br />
I suspect you restored some GB system data onto your ICS ROM and it's causing problems.
Latest available leak is FE22 current not available yet is FE26

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Uhh ... ICS 4.0.3 is not "stock" for the E4GT. It's a little odd to be running some test version of Android and complain about the phone having "quirky strange issues". :)

I'd just root and use a good ICS ROM from XDA. I am doing that and have zero issues

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

hellomoto921

May 22, 2012
Visit site
and my apologies for my ignorance i figured this was the original version not thinking previous owner rooted it. What do you all suggest i change it too or revert it back to stock?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
and my apologies for my ignorance i figured this was the original version not thinking previous owner rooted it. What do you all suggest i change it too or revert it back to stock?

I personally would suggest you flash back to the current official Gingerbread firmware, which is build version EL29. Doing this will get you back to complete stock with fresh data like you pulled it new out of the box. This will help you narrow down where your software related problems are. It will also allow you to take the ICS update via OTA, which should be pushed to this phone very soon (within the month probably).

Follow the instructions in this video: How to Unroot / Unbrick the Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Latest - YouTube

Links to the files you'll need are in the video description.

Reactions: hellomoto921

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

No apologies necessary, but at least now you that it's running a non-supported version of the OS, which could possibly be the cause of some of the odd behavior. I think it's still true that Android tends to be a bit more complex, especially when you're coming from a different user experience like BlackBerry.

Reactions: hellomoto921

hellomoto921

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I personally would suggest you flash back to the current official Gingerbread firmware, which is build version EL29. Doing this will get you back to complete stock with fresh data like you pulled it new out of the box. This will help you narrow down where your software related problems are. It will also allow you to take the ICS update via OTA, which should be pushed to this phone very soon (within the month probably).

Follow the instructions in this video: How to Unroot / Unbrick the Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Latest - YouTube

Links to the files you'll need are in the video description.

Thanks for the help much appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995