Sprint's Name for SGIII

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
What ridiculous name will Sprint come up with for their version of the SGIII? So far after reading various articles, it doesn't seem that Sprint will be modifying the phone too much, but I still assume that name will still be a doozy.

Im guessing the name will be Samsung Galaxy S III Epic 4G HD SuperAMOLED 4GLTE, Though the name could probably be worse.

equishd

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Is the same exact phone they couldn't rename it I guess

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums

MerpsMom

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Didn't Samsung say the phone would be the same name across all carriers? Sure hope so.

Anyone find a manual or detail of buttons, etc.? Probably no change they'll put the power button up on top, eh? :(

MM

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Word on the street is Sprint wanted to call it the Samsung Epic Galaxy LTE Touch Wizard ICS Pro Plus but Samsung told them where they could shove that name...

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Party poopers aside, I'm still gonna think of ridiculous names.

How about the Samsung Galaxy SIII Epic Touch 4G LTE Super Smartphone Powered by Sprint together with Nextel or the SGIIIET4GLTESSPSTWN for "short" :)

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Humor aside, im glad Sprint's GS3 will be called just Galaxy S III. No Epic 4G anything crap

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

blues runner

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Whatever it is, it'll be better if it's shorter. That's what you want when it comes to marketing: short names that have an impact, leave an impression on the consumer's mind. Marketing is one thing that Apple is damn good at. They don't dork around with stupid long names like 'Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G Touch' and so forth. Their's is 'iPhone' or at worst 'iPhone 3GS'. Rule of thumb is to make it short and sweet. That being said, I don't care for Apple products or iSheep, for that matter.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech