Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can no longer roam, please help!!

So I live in an area where I go in and out of roaming alot, ive never had any problems up until this past week.I started noticing I never had internet. I have talked to numerous Sprint agents and none of them can help me. Advanced technical support say that there is nothing wrong with my phone and I drove 3 hours to the closest store and they say the same thing.

But when I am in the Sprint coverage area my 3g icon and my data will work. As soon as I switch to another tower it goes away. Theres no guards on my phone and everything is set correctly. I went to about phone and phone status and it says network is unknown and mobile network is disconnected. Im so aggravated at this point because Sprint doesnt know anything, all they tell me is that my phone should be working. We have done numerous updates to everything and Ive wiped my phone completely clean twice. They say it has to be the roaming network im on, but everyone else is using it just fine. Please help me.

Default Re: Can no longer roam, please help!!

Yeah same here. I noticed when I go into roaming (anywhere in Florida), the only thing that works is the phone but not before it drops my call. Heck, sometimes l have to wait till I get into a Sprint covereage area to place a call. Having no data I can live with but no calls too??
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

its really ridiculous, i can make phone calls, of course they drop all the time...but seriously to never have data and pay as much as i do is absurd. they better come up with a fix for it

I'm sure it's because of the new Network Vision they are rolling out causing the problems. I'm giving it till then before I really start blowing up Sprints phone lines till they either shut me off and let me off my contract or give me an option for a new phone.

But I'm holding out hope...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by candiec2006 View Post
    its really ridiculous, i can make phone calls, of course they drop all the time...but seriously to never have data and pay as much as i do is absurd. they better come up with a fix for it
    I run into this issue a lot. I hardly ever get dropped calls, but then again I hardly make calls, i use my phone more for the internet and around Tampa it's been increasingly spotty. I can barely get 4g anymore. Even in their main office off of Kennedy, you'd think i would have excellent signal but I can't even load a webpage.

When I talk to the reps at sprint they tell me some excuse about Sprint is having a national 3g crisis and they are working on it. Florida is effected the worst right now and that they are working on replacing the towers or fixing the towers. But I think it's bs. Then they tell me to do an update on the pri and that doesn't work, in fact it's made it worse
    Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4g > HTC Evo 3d> Galaxy S2> Sprint Galaxy S3> Tmobile Galaxy S3> Tmoble HTC One & Asus Transformer Pad Infiniti