1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life and GPS

I've been noticing that lately I've gotten just horrible battery life. Today, with minimal use, I got 12 hours with the Android OS using 67% of the battery.

Add on top of that that I've never been able to use the GPS for more than a minute or two before it completely loses signal. Do I have a bad phone or is this what others are experiencing too?

This is my first Samsung phone and I am seriously disappointed with it. On top of that we are still waiting for ICS while Sprint and Samsung try to get us to buy the GSIII to get ICS...

Default Re: Battery life and GPS

I see that Android OS uses most of the battery on my phone too when it's idle. But I have no problem getting more than 24 hours on a charge. Mine seems to suck power when WiFi is on...

As for GPS, I don't see the problem you're describing. I recently checked it out in downtown Chicago and there was no issue with GPS signal all day in the midst of tall buildings. I guess I couldn't be sure it was using only GPS and not also 3G signal for positioning, but finding location was mostly not a problem, and it didn't suck too much power.

The GPS on these phones appears to be hit or miss. Some work wonderfully, others don't work at all. The Android OS using most of your battery is normal. After all, it's what is keeping your phone running the way you want it to.
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!

my gps is horrible it always puts my starting point like 10 or 15 minutes out of the way.. and i hate it
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Knoidea513 View Post
    my gps is horrible it always puts my starting point like 10 or 15 minutes out of the way.. and i hate it
    If you are rooted I have a modified gps modification that will increase your accuracy lock and overall gps lock speed. Give it a go. You will notice a huge difference.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Dark_knight2 is there a way to reverse your mod if there are issues ??
    stock rooted with a few tweaks to the hotspot. thought my gps was better when i was using it more often. thanks for the efforts