Ice Cream Sandwich

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
When the official ICS is pushed, will I be able to run the update firmware option to upgrade even though I'm on a leaked build?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

88cavalierz24

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
all depends, do you have a custom recovery or uninstalled sprint bloat? if so no, if you are stock rooted with no recovery and kept the bloat then yes. I was on stock rooted el29 and upgraded to official ota.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If you're on a leaked ICS build now, no you will not be able to install the official ICS update. You would either need to flash it manually, or roll back to stock EL29.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
all depends, do you have a custom recovery or uninstalled sprint bloat? if so no, if you are stock rooted with no recovery and kept the bloat then yes. I was on stock rooted el29 and upgraded to official ota.

I'm on FFo2 with standard everything.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I hope it's released soon. I loved it on my Nexus S. I don't miss it enough to switch back from my epic touch.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i keep my ice cream sandwich in the freezer:confused:

Sooner or later though, there just might be power outage...or even worse, the copper could split and leak out all the freon rendering it useless. So the best thing to do is to eat the whole box before it gets there.....:p

Regardless, my Epic touch has been doing some weird crap lately. Like defaulting to 10 minute screen timeouts. Defaulting to speakerphone. Erratic sluggishness. I haven't added ANY new apps in al least 2 months so I'm chalking it up to an errand update that borked something. Regardless....just give me my damn ice cream sammich loaded with oreos and a slice of bacon on top!

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Gator,

I've actually been getting "weird" behavior as well. My screen timeout (where it gets dim) ends up at like 15 seconds. On top of that, every 10-15 days the phone restarts. Not sure why or how, it just does. Never when its in my hand, always in my pocket. Not a huge issue so I haven't considered a hard reset. Besides, I'm closing in on the GS3 (45 days to upgrade). Id rather not have to set up a phone again.

ICS would be nice cause I've heard a lot of good things!!

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
can't help but think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with ICS. With touchwiz it probably won't behave much different.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Im not worried about major changes, since the last GB update my location based services are absolutely horrible and unreliable, if ICS does nothing other than get it back to how it was when I bought the phone Ill be happy

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Im not worried about major changes, since the last GB update my location based services are absolutely horrible and unreliable, if ICS does nothing other than get it back to how it was when I bought the phone Ill be happy

Yeah same hear. I know ICS isn't going to bring changes like say....a nuclear war would....but it might fix some of the bugs the last update borked. Not looking for a fireworks show out of this update but it had better be at least a firecracker.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Gator,

I've actually been getting "weird" behavior as well. My screen timeout (where it gets dim) ends up at like 15 seconds. On top of that, every 10-15 days the phone restarts. Not sure why or how, it just does. Never when its in my hand, always in my pocket. Not a huge issue so I haven't considered a hard reset. Besides, I'm closing in on the GS3 (45 days to upgrade). Id rather not have to set up a phone again.

ICS would be nice cause I've heard a lot of good things!!

What's funny is that mine all started at the same time so it leads me to believe it's an errand app update. I still get good batt life and nothing else is effected so a hard reset isn't an option ...yet. I'm sure though, the app that caused my problems will get a new update fixing the problem. If yours keeps persisting, hard reset might be an option.

I still have a year before I get an upgrade thanks to sprint stripping me away from my 10 year premier status. Thanks Sprint!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz