Battery overhearing?

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
My wife got this phone 2 or 3 months ago and this thing is burning up for some reason. She has had a case since day one but mostly uses it to leave the house because the phone runs so hot.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem, if its common, or if I should contact Sprint... Thanks

Sent from my EVO, wrestled from the hands of a US Customs Agent!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Need more info. Is it happening all the time, when charging, after heavy use?

Usually what causes a battery / phone to run hot is the processor being heavily used. Games are a great example.
Also rogue apps will cause that, or an app that is hanging and forcing the cpu to run all the time..
Anytime this happens id say do a battery pull and let it sit for a few minutes.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Thats just how these phones are. I've played with several of them and they all run hot.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Need more info. Is it happening all the time, when charging, after heavy use?

Usually what causes a battery / phone to run hot is the processor being heavily used. Games are a great example.
Also rogue apps will cause that, or an app that is hanging and forcing the cpu to run all the time..
Anytime this happens id say do a battery pull and let it sit for a few minutes.

Definitely agree. I use the active application widget that will tell you what is taxing the cpu. You can close apps right from there is you see them causing a problem. I also think there is something to free apps running a little hotter because of the ads.

Some games run hotter than others and I have problems sometimes with Dolphin HD.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech