1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Brick or not?

Hello all that may know??

I rooted my phone about 4 weeks ago with odin (whatever the lastest ICS version was). Today phone was working fine, but while at work I went to send an email and my phone wouldn't do anything or show anything except the blue light (which would just stay on) I tried rebooting, pulling the battery for over an hour, still nothing. My first thought was it was bricked, which I truly no nothing about. So I watched the youtube videos about unroot/unbrick and was set to try this. So I was going along tried to plug my phone into the computer but nothing, wouldn't even recognize that it was connected and couldn't even put it into odin mode. I really didn't know what to do next, so I freaked a little. I finally broke down and took it into Sprint. I didn't tell them that I rooted, just that it wouldn't work. They said we need to look at it and get back to you within 45 min. so I expected them to tell me that I was the one who screwed it up by rooting and they would not replace it. Long behold I showed back up and they said that they tried to change the screen and other crap and they could not fix it so they gave me a new phone. Do you suspect that I did brick it? If so will they later on find out that I rooted and charge me? I do have insurance, so I don't know if that helps or not. Sorry for the rant, just looking for so knowledge!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evo4g View Post
    Hello all that may know??

I rooted my phone about 4 weeks ago with odin (whatever the lastest ICS version was). Today phone was working fine, but while at work I went to send an email and my phone wouldn't do anything or show anything except the blue light (which would just stay on) I tried rebooting, pulling the battery for over an hour, still nothing. My first thought was it was bricked, which I truly no nothing about. So I watched the youtube videos about unroot/unbrick and was set to try this. So I was going along tried to plug my phone into the computer but nothing, wouldn't even recognize that it was connected and couldn't even put it into odin mode. I really didn't know what to do next, so I freaked a little. I finally broke down and took it into Sprint. I didn't tell them that I rooted, just that it wouldn't work. They said we need to look at it and get back to you within 45 min. so I expected them to tell me that I was the one who screwed it up by rooting and they would not replace it. Long behold I showed back up and they said that they tried to change the screen and other crap and they could not fix it so they gave me a new phone. Do you suspect that I did brick it? If so will they later on find out that I rooted and charge me? I do have insurance, so I don't know if that helps or not. Sorry for the rant, just looking for so knowledge!!
    If what your saying is the whole truth it sounds like your screen took a dump. That is a hardware defect.

Sent From A Rotary Phone
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Brick or not?

Yes that is the whole truth

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

Default Re: Brick or not?

Agree with Dark Knight... we find you not guilty. :-) But we're not the judge nor jury.

While technically Sprint is well within their right to beat and whip you if they find that you jacked the phone (it is in your contract, really really fine print deep in the middle of page eleventeen - you did read it, didn't you?), it is doubtful they'll come after you at this point.

Sprint will defect the phone back to Sammy, who will either part it out, or replace the screen and put it back in the pipeline.

You should be fine.

Cheers.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    Agree with Dark Knight... we find you not guilty. :-) But we're not the judge nor jury.

While technically Sprint is well within their right to beat and whip you if they find that you jacked the phone (it is in your contract, really really fine print deep in the middle of page eleventeen - you did read it, didn't you?), it is doubtful they'll come after you at this point.

Sprint will defect the phone back to Sammy, who will either part it out, or replace the screen and put it back in the pipeline.

You should be fine.

Cheers.
    I agree. Just say u were using your phone and all of a sudden your screen went blue. That definitely wasnt caused by odining a ics leak.

Sent From A Rotary Phone