texting the word "side"

pd87

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
when typing the word "side" my text message goes crazy. First off it will only type sI then wont complete the word side. And the space bar deletes word you type after that. The only way to rid this is to go out of texting and back in. But still you cant type "side"

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
when typing the word "side" my text message goes crazy. First off it will only type sI then wont complete the word side. And the space bar deletes word you type after that. The only way to rid this is to go out of texting and back in. But still you cant type "side"

Thats actually pretty funny. :D

Try removing the battery for 60 secs.
If it still does it you might have to resort to a factory reset.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Pfft...just don't type the word side anymore, duh! :p

That is seriously weird though. Does it do it on any other words?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the dictionary database for your keyboard is probably jacked. Clearing data for your keyboard app should resolve it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

pd87

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
@Zhara, funny, I do that all the time, but it gets hard to come up with for "side"....
@JayWill how do I "clear Data" for my keyboard?

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
@Zhara, funny, I do that all the time, but it gets hard to come up with for "side"....
@JayWill how do I "clear Data" for my keyboard?

Go into settings→applications→manage apps, find your keyboard under "All", tap on it. Then tap "clear cache".

katlargent

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

I am so glad I found this forum! Mine has been doing the EXACT same thing! Everytime I try to type the word "side" it does this. It will get to sI & then anything I try to type following that it will erase. The only difference is that with mine, exiting out of the message will not fix it, I have to, literally, shut my phone down & turn it back on just to be able to type a message without it erasing my text. It is so aggravating!! :mad: & even after turning the phone back on, I am still not able to type the word "side". I have tried taking the battery out numerous times, like I said before, I have turned the phone off & back on numerous times & I have even done a factory reset. After doing all that, this issue is STILL not fixed I have tried substituting other words instead of using "side", but sometimes it's hard to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (:)