1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Red face Sending HD videos to others...is it possible?

Hello everyone!
    I wanted to ask if its possible to send 720p or even 1080p videos from our phones?
    If so then how? Is there a special app that they and I need?
    I ask this because sending sms videos is very poor in quality and is not even worth it.

I would like for my family and friends to see some awesome videos I recorded but in HD.

Thanks in advance...
    -Pete
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gami004pilot View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I wanted to ask if its possible to send 720p or even 1080p videos from our phones?
    I ask this because sending sms videos is very poor in quality and is not even worth it.

I would like for my family and friends to see some awesome videos I recorded but in HD.

Thanks in advance...
    -Pete
    Only if there device supports 720p or 1080p viewing. If not then no.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Default Re: Sending HD videos to others...is it possible?

Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance...
    -Pete
    I've played around a lot with this. For me the best option was to open a google+ account and invite my relatives. I post the videos as limited so only they can see them. They are able to view them in HD. The files are so big that I don't think there is any way to send them. I think you can also try setting up a youtube channel but Google+ works for me.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

Tks Murph. I thought the size of the files was the limiting factor too. HD just too big.

Good idea on Google+. I went the Dropbox route, works ok enough.

I ended up setting up a Youtube channel and set the video as not fully public (need the link to view) so that I can share with anyone who has the link.

I haven't found a way to send good video with these phones.

nb
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I never thought of using google or YouTube for sending videos seems like a good option that way I can send my friends and family the link and they can watch the HD videos on there.

But wouldn't they need to be members of google+ or youtube for them to see the video?

I never thought of using google or YouTube for sending videos seems like a good option that way I can send my friends and family the link and they can watch the HD videos on there.

But wouldn't they need to be members of google+ or youtube for them to see the video?
    For google+ they would need a Google account and then you can put them in a circle and share with that circle every time you post something. I found it easy to figure out and my parents were able to figure it out as well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

One of the reasons I use Youtube are the open sharing options. You have the ability to share the file one of three ways:

1. Publicly: Meaning ANYONE who searches for it can see it.
    2. Unlisted: Meaning anyone you send the link to can see it (My preferred method).
    3. Private: Meaning you'll need a password to see it.

Try those out, and you'll be able to share pretty much anything your phone can upload, and they don't have to be a member of any service or product.

nb
    Last edited by Biggnaa20; 07-03-2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: clarity

I second the 'unlisted' youtube method of sharing long and/or high quality videos. I can't wait for the day when mms technology improves to allow larger file sizes.

Sent from my SPH-D710