Connect via RCA cables?
05-28-2015 02:21 AM
So it'd be something like this ...
Phone --> MHL cable --> female HDMI coupler --> HDMI to RCA cable --> input device07-06-2012 05:56 PM
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums07-06-2012 07:51 PM
- Finally.I was able to connect my samsung galaxy s3 to my Tahoe entertainment system using RCA cable.I connected the Samsung Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter to my Samsung Galaxy SIII S3 and to the Etekcity Mini HDMI to AV Composite RCA CVBS Video + Audio Converter For TV. I plugged the RCA cables from the Etekcity into my Tahoe Enertainment system. Both the Adapter and the converter need the power supply before working.10-13-2012 02:31 PM
- Thanks for the info. That's what I was afraid of as I went digging through the web. Of course, it can't be as simple as the old AV out cables Samsung used to have. Guess they just assume we'll never need to hook to anything without HDMI capability. Mine will be attached to the screens in our Nissan Quest. Playing it off the phone is so much easier than trying to keep track of Disney DVD's during a road trip.10-19-2012 04:44 PM
- Kdulaney, would you be able to share a picture of this setup for me so I can be sure I am understanding all parts required and the order of connection? I am looking to do the same thing with my Note 2 to a Nissan Pathfinder. Have been searching for a feasible solution for several days now and am glad to have come across your post!!
Also, could you tell me: does this work to display anything that is on your phone's screen or only files that are saved onto the device? I would love to be able to view Hulu, YouTube, navigation, etc. rather than just music and videos saved on my phone.
One more question: Does your phone have charging ability while connected like this?
Thanks in advance!03-22-2013 03:48 PM
- There is no direct adapter from HDMI to composite/s-video. This is because there is a copy protection aspect of the HDMI spec. Instead you need an active device that will convert it to a different output. For the S2, you'll need an MHL adapter. (Note that the s3 uses a non-standard one.) You can find those discussed on this forum.
Here's the one I have: MHL Adapter – Micro USB to HDMI Cirago
It has 3 connections: micro-usb male to the phone, micro-usb female for power, and full size HDMI for video out
Connect this to a standard HDMI cable
The other end of the cable would go to an HDMI to composite converter such as HDMI to Composite/S-Video Converter 3 RCA CRT TV CVBS - Etekcity
This also requires it's own power supply as it is an active converter instead of a passive adapter.03-23-2013 12:21 PM
- Now I am curious about doing this in my car as well I found a converter that plugs into the note 2 then there is a box at tge end that has a hdmi plug. My question is for the hdmi cable can I just use a simpke hdmi to av cable they have one that is a hdmi plug then it turns into av all one cable pretty much one end is hdmi other is av lol04-13-2013 06:13 PM
- Hi, wouldn't this work? It's listed for $7.99 with free shipping.. thanks
MHL MicroUSB M to HDMI F Cable Adapter Free 1 5ft 1 4HDMI for Galaxy SII HD LTE | eBay
Or this one that has the regular RCA cables: MHL Micro USB to HDMI Cable for HTC EVO 3D HDMI Male to 3RCA Male Cable 5ft | eBay09-08-2013 11:39 AM
- I want to connect my Samsung Galaxy s4 to my Civic's Blaupunkt multimedia system. I was told by the dealer to buy an AV composite cable (with 3 RCA male plugs) that would connect to my phone. Problem is that I have found 2 versions: one has a micro USB to connect into the charging spot on the bottom of the phone, and the other has a 3.5mm plug for the headset spot on the top of the phone. When I read the descriptions of the 2 cables, both claim to be used to view photos, videos, etc on a TV monitor. Does anyone have any idea which type of plug I need to connect to my phone? Thanks!01-04-2014 06:52 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Connect via RCA cables?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD