1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Default Need Messaging (SMS) App w/ Reply All

I just discovered the stock sms/mms app does not have a Reply All feature for group texting! Had Reply All on my old BB, but not on my new E4GT - this makes no sense.
    What are the best messaging apps w/ a Reply All feature?

Default Re: Need Messaging (SMS) App w/ Reply All

GoSMS Pro

^^ ditto ^^

Sent from my Motorola Electrify

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

Quote Originally Posted by ejraney View Post
    ^^ ditto ^^

Sent from my Motorola Electrify
    Double **ditto**

Sent From My Galaxy10.1 Class Starship....
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Thanks much for the responses. Clearly GoSMSPro is the leading candidate, and seems to be the favorite of many users versus Handcent these days.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I've got GoSMSPro but I'm not sure how to go about responding in different ways to group texts.

If I reply to an initial text does that automatically go to everyone the initial text was sent to?

Does Reply All only work with multimedia messages?

Any tips are appreciated.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

I thought there were options to 'reply' or 'reply all'. Not having it currently, I don't remember.

I believe Handcent will also do the group thing. Think I'm going to have to do one or the other. My iFriends all give me a hard time about this, and I can't defend Android one at a time.

I've been using GoSMSPro for a week now and haven't seen Reply-to-all.

I've gotten 2 group text from imessanger in that time and neither of them had a option to reply to all

I use handscent and have been for over 2 years. It gives you the ability to send a mass text to everyone and seem like you sent each text individually. Or you can send a group text and everyone that gets it will be able to see the replies.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Are you asking a question or making a statement?

I think the issue her is being able to reply to "mass text" sent from imessenger and keep it all in one thread. I have friends with iphones who send mass text and I always get left out of the convo.

I used to be in on the convo until I lost my ipod so I'm looking for an app that let's me reply to all

Unhappy Re: Need Messaging (SMS) App w/ Reply All

I have the exact same problem. When my friend sends out a group message, I can't see who she sends to! And all of them can reply all, except me! They are using iphones or Blackberry. I just see the messages as individual threads. Since each message is an individual, of course there is no option to "reply all". Is this a sprint issue or an android issue? We have 4 different Android phones in the family (Samsung and HTC) and none of us can reply all. So it is not a phone related issue. I am going to change to iphone. Is that why Android is much cheaper? I am afraid it could be Sprint issue as we are all still under contract! I have tried 3rd party messengers but none of them works!

Real SMS is point-to-point - there is no extra information to say who else was sent the original message. All the messaging apps that do group texting are using separate -- possibly proprietary -- protocols.

All I know is whoever made that an option on whatever program it is I want to kick his ***. I can't tell you how many freaking texts I get from idiots I do not even know because they are reply-texting to all.