Ice Cream Sandwich on July 12, according to screen shot

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
epic-4g-touch-ics.jpg

Full story here: http://www.androidcentral.com/sprints-samsung-epic-4g-touch-appears-poised-ice-cream-sandwich-week

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Phil. Remember that Tweet you made about the ICS leak for the Epic 4G Touch FIVE months ago? Something along the lines of "I'd be excited about the ICS leak for the Epic 4G Touch if there wasn't going to be 25 more leaks before it's officially released." Okay well, that's probably asking a bit much, as I myself can barely remember yesterday, but for the record, that was pretty prophetic of you. :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
FF18??? SAY WHAT??? I think sprint and samsung are smoking crack cause FF18 still has the data wipe brick bug. If thats the case Heeeeelllllllllloooooooo new phone.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Phil. Remember that Tweet you made about the ICS leak for the Epic 4G Touch FIVE months ago? Something along the lines of "I'd be excited about the ICS leak for the Epic 4G Touch if there wasn't going to be 25 more leaks before it's officially released." Okay well, that's probably asking a bit much, as I myself can barely remember yesterday, but for the record, that was pretty prophetic of you. :D

Not my first rodeo. :p

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Right!!!!!

Fonzy be praised!!!

I Love That Episode!!!!

Now I know this is great news, I mean we finally get on "official" ICS update (please see ramonm2's responce) . Hopefully it will fix some of the issues like gps... But after reading about the small update to the GS3... The one that takes away universal search... Kind of leaves me wondering what surprises are in store.

And after the update drops, who's going to be the first one to try a "factory reset"???

For me I've rooted and romed everyone of my Android devices since I've been using Android.... So... Other than giving or devs here and XDA something official to build off of and tweak for me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'm sticking with my hyper tuned, bloat free CM9 setup.

Sent From My Galaxy10.1 Class Starship....

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I will believe this when I see it. Sprint has not said anything about it yet

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If the above is true...

I hate these pushed "rollout" updates without the option to manually start the update. Most SIIE4GT owners aren't watching this like we are, so it would tax the servers too much to do so. It would suck not to get the "update available" notice until the 20th. Please let us manually start it in the settings menu. :(

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site

Something about the "I" looking cursor makes me feel like this is typed up in word. I'm also surprised that in the text of the post the TM stamp appears. I notice Sprint does this in the heading of the post, but not each individual mention of it.

I'll remain a little skeptical, but optimistic we will see something soon.

Phil, thanks for posting! Keep up the great work!

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have mixed feelings right now.... I'm not sure if I should be happy or angry

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
For a second or two there I almost thought about flashing back to stock and getting the OTA but I think I'll get a jellybean port instead! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz