ICS Face Unlock Problem

TomD

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I set face unlock and it works OK.

My problem is I also set the pattern unlock. I did not expect that they both would activate at the same time. Now if I want to change from face unlock to something else it asks me for the pattern, which I did not record.

Could someone help me with my duh moment?

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
How did you set facelock with out setting a pin or pattern lock??? I think what you did was setup facelock, and set the patternlock and forgot it.

Here is a screenshot of the very next screen that comes up after you let the phone take the picture of your face...
4450e57b-979c-3ddf.jpg

And no matter how many times I tried to skip it I couldn't.

But here's how you can fix it.... I think.

Unlock the phone using facelock, and see if you can disable it in settings. Then if you still want to use it, just re enable it. But... I may/most likely ask you to input pattern...

I remembering reading somewhere that if you enter the pattern wrong an X amount of times you can reset it.

Sent From My Galaxy10.1 Class Starship....

TomD

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
How did you set facelock with out setting a pin or pattern lock??? I think what you did was setup facelock, and set the patternlock and forgot it.

Here is a screenshot of the very next screen that comes up after you let the phone take the picture of your face...
Click to view quoted image

And no matter how many times I tried to skip it I couldn't.

But here's how you can fix it.... I think.

Unlock the phone using facelock, and see if you can disable it in settings. Then if you still want to use it, just re enable it. But... I may/most likely ask you to input pattern...

I remembering reading somewhere that if you enter the pattern wrong an X amount of times you can reset it.

Sent From My Galaxy10.1 Class Starship....

I disabled Face Lock. Now I'm stuck. I get a blank black space where the face unlock was and then the pattern comes up.

I have not been able to get past the pattern by making enough errors. It does give you a 30 sec wait after 5 incorrect inputs.

I may need to apply the ICS update again, if I can't get past the lock screen.

TomD

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
It gave me a chance to login to my gmail account and took off the screen lock.

Learn something every day.

Whew