Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,009 Global Posts

Default ICS Face Unlock Problem

I set face unlock and it works OK.

My problem is I also set the pattern unlock. I did not expect that they both would activate at the same time. Now if I want to change from face unlock to something else it asks me for the pattern, which I did not record.

Could someone help me with my duh moment?
    VegasTom

Global Posts
    975 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

How did you set facelock with out setting a pin or pattern lock??? I think what you did was setup facelock, and set the patternlock and forgot it.

Here is a screenshot of the very next screen that comes up after you let the phone take the picture of your face...

And no matter how many times I tried to skip it I couldn't.

But here's how you can fix it.... I think.

Unlock the phone using facelock, and see if you can disable it in settings. Then if you still want to use it, just re enable it. But... I may/most likely ask you to input pattern...

I remembering reading somewhere that if you enter the pattern wrong an X amount of times you can reset it.

Sent From My Galaxy10.1 Class Starship....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,009 Global Posts

Default Re: ICS Face Unlock Problem

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPhilly View Post
    How did you set facelock with out setting a pin or pattern lock??? I think what you did was setup facelock, and set the patternlock and forgot it.

Here is a screenshot of the very next screen that comes up after you let the phone take the picture of your face...
    Click to view quoted image

And no matter how many times I tried to skip it I couldn't.

But here's how you can fix it.... I think.

Unlock the phone using facelock, and see if you can disable it in settings. Then if you still want to use it, just re enable it. But... I may/most likely ask you to input pattern...

I remembering reading somewhere that if you enter the pattern wrong an X amount of times you can reset it.

I disabled Face Lock. Now I'm stuck. I get a blank black space where the face unlock was and then the pattern comes up.

I have not been able to get past the pattern by making enough errors. It does give you a 30 sec wait after 5 incorrect inputs.

I may need to apply the ICS update again, if I can't get past the lock screen.
    VegasTom
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,009 Global Posts

Default Re: ICS Face Unlock Problem

It gave me a chance to login to my gmail account and took off the screen lock.

Learn something every day.

Whew
    VegasTom

Global Posts
    975 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

Quote Originally Posted by VegasTom View Post
    It gave me a chance to login to my gmail account and took off the screen lock.

Learn something every day.

Whew
    That's what I couldn't remember.... The email thingy... Nice, glad I could help out.