Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Murphy5111
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to remove bluetooth paired devices

Hi, since manually updating to ICS, I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove my bluetooth headset and start over. I can't find the option to delete it. Since the update it rarely connects so I want for set it up again. Can anyone help? I can only find the option to unpaired which doesn't seem to do anything. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Ok so I ended up doing a factory reset because things were just acting screwy a little now it pairs fine. I still think there should be an option to remove it though.

Lisa30528 likes this.

Default Re: How to remove bluetooth paired devices

Long press on the paired item in bluetooth settings.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by richardodn View Post
    Long press on the paired item in bluetooth settings.
    Since upgrading to ICS I can't do it. Long pressing just makes it pair.

Touch the little gear icon to the right of the item. That should give you an option to "unpair".

I think I found the answer to this. You "unpair" the device and then do a reboot while the device is not reachable. Some folks say just a "rescan" will get rid of it, but I had to do reboot on my phone.

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

I can't seem to get Bluetooth to work with any device other than my Jabra Helo stereo headsets since upgrading to ICS. The phone is showing that I'm "paired", but when trying to transfer photos or files to/from my computer, it just gives me "failed to connect" errors. Frustrating!!

Select Menu > Settings > Bluetooth On. Touch the little gear icon to the right of the device to be unpaired. That should give you an option to "UNPAIR". Just tapping "UNPAIR" does NOT work. Press and hold for several seconds on "UNPAIR" before releasing. Then the next screen should show the device as unpaired. Restart the phone to completely delete the entry.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

my problem is in Jelly Bean I have two devices listed as being available in the bluetooth menu but can not figure out how to remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    I think I found the answer to this. You "unpair" the device and then do a reboot while the device is not reachable. Some folks say just a "rescan" will get rid of it, but I had to do reboot on my phone.
    This worked for me. Thanks.

Hi. I was reading this post today as I had exactly the same issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy II (GT-N9010) and a Samsung Note 10.12 tablet (GT-N8010) here in the UK. I am running 4.04 (ICS) on the phone, and 4.12 (Jellybean) on the tablet.
    I, too, had these ghosts when I attempted to connect via Bluetooth. The tablet was fine but the phone had two entries called GT-N8010 and one named Samsung Tablet. When I tried any of them the upload was either unsuccessful or the device was unavailable.
    Tried what was available, to no avail, so I switched everything off and took out the phone battery and hey presto, one device (GT-N8010) and the transfer worked

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLaV74 View Post
    my problem is in Jelly Bean I have two devices listed as being available in the bluetooth menu but can not figure out how to remove them.
    Same here but on a Note 2. Multiple things I had paired with in the past but no way to delete them. That's stupid.

Mine have gone away with a restart.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

You "unpair" the device and then do a reboot works fine on samsung grand.

If you have upgraded from ICS to Jelly bean you may not be able to see the gear icon nor have the option to delete the device you have listed .
    1. All you have to do make sure the blue tooth devices you are trying to remove are switched OFF.
    2. Reboot your phone with the blue tooth powered ON

works...

Turning Bluetooth off and then on again, removed my Unpaired (Long press on Bluetooth item) Bluetooth headset from the then-listed-in-"Available" list.

Hi,

I have tried the suggestion given by you it was very useful, after unpairing of blutooth done, switch off the phone take out the battery and then switch on , all unpaired bluetooths will be removed.

This worked for me. Turn off your Bluetooth device, unpair and then reboot your phone. Thanks davis.rob