1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is anyone else experiencing problems with Pandora?

I got the ICS update yesterday using the manual install method (thanks, JayWill72!) and so far I love it. I've run into a small hiccup, though:

Pandora doesn't work. At all. I've signed in, tried playing a station, and all that happens is an infinite buffer loop. It'll give up, move to the next track, attempt to buffer and repeat.

Is there a workaround for this issue? Or should I just wait for an update?

From Whiterun, with love.

Default Re: Is anyone else experiencing problems with Pandora?

I am using pandora right now and it's working perfectly fine. I'm in Orange County, CA. I too updated manually to ICS yesterday.

Just downloaded Pandora and mines works fine as well. Did you do a factory reset after you installed ICS? Just curious.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by llfloyd79 View Post
    Just downloaded Pandora and mines works fine as well. Did you do a factory reset after you installed ICS? Just curious.
    Yeah, I did a factory reset. You would think that would have solved any issues. :/

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I just reinstalled the app, same problem.

I'm not even using an android, just using the online player, and I've been having issues with it all week. The audio is glitchy, like listening to a CD that has been scratched. I tried again a few hours ago and the site was extremely slow to load. It doesn't appear to be a problem with my internet service as all other sites and streaming content works fine.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My Pandora is only working over wifi as well. 3g and 4g are a no go.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

mine worked....until i did a factory reset last night. now it just sits there and buffers.

Having the same issue. Worked fine before I upgraded to ICS. Get's to 1, or 2% buffer and skips on 3G. Works fine on Wifi. Tried all sorts of things to fix it but no go. New PRLs, erasing proxy settings, clearing data, reinstalling, older versions of the Pandora app ect.. Only way I can get it to work is to force roaming to Verizon. Even on their 1xRTT network with bandwidth of about 120kbps it seems to work no problem. It isn't a speed issue since i'm getting 1.2mbps on Sprint 3G.

Same issue on a friend's Galaxy S3, Sprint. It has to be something with Sprint, ICS and Pandora. Not sure what is going wrong in that combination.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Mine only works on WiFik even after 2 factory resets since installingICS.

Having the same problem, buffering 2% then loading and skipping songs over and over. This didn't start happening until I received a big update from Sprint to my Galaxy S2. I have removed the battery like suggested from Pandora help and uninstalled the app and reinstalled several times. It worked for about two songs each time I uninstalled and went right back to the buffering and loading but never played. My boyfriend has ATT IPHONE and is not having this problem with his Pandora.

On every leaked build and the OTA ICS ive had on my phone, pandora would buffer like crazy on wifi or 3g. It never did it on Gingerbread.

Same problem. 1-2% buffer every time. Started happening after update. Same as everyone else. I have yet to read a solution. And yes I have Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by allcitypics View Post
    Same problem. 1-2% buffer every time. Started happening after update. Same as everyone else. I have yet to read a solution. And yes I have Sprint
    Same as everyone else here too. WOrks fine on wifi, but no go on 3G. It used to work just fine. Can't wait for my new phone to arrive with gingerbread back on it.

Ya mine does the same thing because Sprints data is so damn slow.

Sent from my Epic 4g Touch
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Hmm, still no fix. Really disappointing. :/

I guess I'm sticking with 8tracks until something changes.

Mine actually connected last night on 3g. Took a while though. But it connected.
    Thanked by:
    KDiz 

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LS14EVR View Post
    Mine actually connected last night on 3g. Took a while though. But it connected.
    just checked mine and it fired right up on 4G.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

UPDATE: I rooted my phone and flashed AOKP Milestone 6, and Pandora now works on 3G. If you're comfortable with doing such things, it fixes a few other things as well. My battery drain has been significantly reduced, among other things.

Sent from Whiterun, with love.

Quote Originally Posted by allcitypics View Post
    I had the same thing happening to mine for a few days and I was getting mad...

so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, restarted my phone with a battery pull and it is now working fine. Hope it stays that way!

Mine works over 3g fine

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is anyone else experiencing problems with Pandora?-uploadfromtaptalk1343482355665.jpg  

I just used Pandora for the first time (since the ICS update) the other day. It worked just fine for me over 3G. But then, ICS has been pretty solid for me overall, whereas, it has not been so smooth for others.
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!

Has anyone else had luck getting Pandora to work on ViperROM?

- Evo 4g LTE w/ ICS update

I have the same problem and the funny part is my wife and I both the same phone and when I play pandora on my phone it loops but it works fine on her phone. I have uninstalled the app and re-installed it and it will play one song and the go into the loop...

Quote Originally Posted by oversteer325 View Post
    My Pandora is only working over wifi as well. 3g and 4g are a no go.
    same is going on with my phone have u learn how to play it with 4G