Roaming on Verizon

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Can u be more specific plz?

I'm in an area where I get almost full bars roaming on verizon and it takes 2 minutes to load a Web Page if it loads at all. My emails never go through and I try to use yelp and it just hangs. I've never been able to use data while roaming. And if my phone seems to try to check for a sprint signal and I lose the signal all together, it won't go back to roaming at all and I get no voice or data. It almost seems like verizon allows me to roam and I can make calls but never get data. And I'm just assuming it's verizon. Because my wife has full bars and skype gave me some message about having to call Verizon to set up my data. If it's another carrier that's constantly screwing me or sprint's agreement than I apologize for calling out verizon.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm in an area where I get almost full bars roaming on verizon and it takes 2 minutes to load a Web Page if it loads at all. My emails never go through and I try to use yelp and it just hangs. I've never been able to use data while roaming. And if my phone seems to try to check for a sprint signal and I lose the signal all together, it won't go back to roaming at all and I get no voice or data. It almost seems like verizon allows me to roam and I can make calls but never get data. And I'm just assuming it's verizon. Because my wife has full bars and skype gave me some message about having to call Verizon to set up my data. If it's another carrier that's constantly screwing me or sprint's agreement than I apologize for calling out verizon.

Well quit whining and get another carrier. Geez, Sprint didn't force you to sign with them.

Edit: Sorry I'm tired, but here's what I can tell you. If you constantly roam, Sprint will send you, your letter of exile from their service. So, flash a Sprint Corp PRL, (has 3g roaming) and my guess is that you're on a stock rom which doesn't tell the truth. It tells you you're 3G when you're 1X.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Well quit whining and get another carrier. Geez, Sprint didn't force you to sign with them.

Edit: Sorry I'm tired, but here's what I can tell you. If you constantly roam, Sprint will send you, your letter of exile from their service. So, flash a Sprint Corp PRL, (has 3g roaming) and my guess is that you're on a stock rom which doesn't tell the truth. It tells you you're 3G when you're 1X.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I wish I was able to travel to more places to test the service. Anyway, I did find that when my phone switches to roaming or I lose the signal all together, the data doesn't come back without resetting the phone. So when I was back in the same place roaming with full bars and couldn't get data, I reset the phone. It wasn't perfect but at least I was able to access yelp and navigation and use them. It's a pain to have to reset the phone every time but at least it's not like my old blackberry having to wait five minutes to boot up. Does this happen to anyone else? Is it a sprint specific issue or a E4GT issue? Just asking, not whining.

Chuck Shine

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I am not certain, but I think the bars are for voice only, not data. Also, there are separate settings for Data and Voice roaming under Settings, Wireless and network, Roaming, Roaming settings. Under Roaming settings, Domestic, I have checked both Voice and Data, but not under International.

Reactions: Murphy5111

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I wish I was able to travel to more places to test the service. Anyway, I did find that when my phone switches to roaming or I lose the signal all together, the data doesn't come back without resetting the phone. So when I was back in the same place roaming with full bars and couldn't get data, I reset the phone. It wasn't perfect but at least I was able to access yelp and navigation and use them. It's a pain to have to reset the phone every time but at least it's not like my old blackberry having to wait five minutes to boot up. Does this happen to anyone else? Is it a sprint specific issue or a E4GT issue? Just asking, not whining.

Yeah, sorry about that whining part. But it is a Network Vision issue. I was hoping they would fix that while upgrading the towers but I dunno. And as I stated in a previous post, do a manual flash of a Sprint Corporate PRL. Without it, I couldn't use data while roaming either.

Utah_Utes_Man

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I traveled and roamed a lot on my last phone, Palm Pre. And the Pre handeled roaming much better than the E4GT in my opinion. It would always switch back to sprint after roaming where my E4GT takes its sweet time if at all, or i have to update the profile or toggle airplaine mode to reconnect to sprint.

Reactions: Murphy5111

Utah_Utes_Man

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Anybody ever done this? Stupid phone was STUCK roaming on Verizon and wouldn't connect data, i really wanted to connect to data and 3G would not connect to data roaming and nothing would connect to Sprint, not expecting it to work i turned 4G on while still roaming on vzw voice and IT WORKED.