Facebook on ICS

NismoZ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So, is the facebook "Connection Error" screen a problem for everyone who upgraded to ICS (factory reset didn't fixed it)? Anytime I click ona FB thread, I get that screen for 1 sec, then it goes through to the thread.

Is there a fix I haven't tried, or do we just have to live with it?

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Try Friendcaster or Fast for Facebook

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.senab.blueNotify

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.fastfacebook.com

Sent from another Galaxy... S II

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
No problems with Facebook here. I don't think it matters how I updated, but I used the update provided by sfhub over at XDA via flashable zip.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I updated to the new Facebook update prior to updating to ICS. I was getting the antenna and connection error the. Having what I was loading to appear. After ICS it does it less but I think it's the app and no one noticed it prior.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

systemind

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
The Facebook app sucks so bad anyways, I'm using friendcaster now. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I just installed Friendcaster since everyone seems to rave about it. I can't sign in though, it just keeps cycling back to the Login Screen. Might as well keep the regular FB app then I suppose

EricfromTx

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Since the update to ics, I haven't been able to update my status or check in anywhere on the Facebook app. I also get the loss of connection error but usually clears up after the option button for most recent/top stories finishes updating.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a S2 and my wife has a Photon and recently both phones have been getting yhe connection issue with the antenna picture. I am sure its a Facebook issue. Worked fine in both phones before the last update.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
It's the Official FB app. The issue was there pre-ICS and it is still there post ICS. It's not all the time for me, just once in a while, and it really isn't a major issue. That being said, I have been using the Scope Beta that AC posted about a while back and it's a great app. Makes the official FB app pretty much unnecessary.

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
So, is the facebook "Connection Error" screen a problem for everyone who upgraded to ICS (factory reset didn't fixed it)? Anytime I click ona FB thread, I get that screen for 1 sec, then it goes through to the thread.

Is there a fix I haven't tried, or do we just have to live with it?

I have had this problem with all of the leaked builds of ICS, even with the official OTA ICS.
IDK what the issue is, but i do know some apps are not compatable or will have issues with ICS...give it some time and im sure facebook will update the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay