How to update to ICS with no service

epic210

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I upgrading to the Galaxy S3 and gave my old S2 to my son to use for games and to get a hold on him through video chat using our wifi. Now that the ICS update is starting to roll out I wont be able to get the OTA update since the S2 has no service. Does anyone know if there's a zip file to do it manually, I haven't found anything so far online. I would really like to see how ICS is on the S2 even though I know the experience aint as good as on my S3 it would be nice to have it on his phone.

tonylmiller

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the manual method from the SD card? Download the file on a computer if you have to, then put the file on the SD card.

epic210

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Try the video from qbking77. @ youtube. Works like a charm.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I appreciate that Sole07, downloaded and installed. Doesn't look much of a difference from Gingerbread other than the icons on top and the settings menu but at least Samsung kept their word about upgrading the S2 to ICS. Now just gotta wait for the JellyBean update on my S3.

Reactions: Sole07

chosenhobo

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
If you're truly uncomfortable with trying to flash it manually you could always use the sprint website to re register the s2 under your number for a few days, get the push, then register back to your s3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463