Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: ICS 4.0.4 this morning, lost USB Mass Storage??!!

Thanks, dj..ozone - that did it for me. I had the phone connected via mass storage (if you haven't found it yet, it's settings>more>USB and click the button to set up mass storage (for that particular time plugging in). This had been working for me, with this cable to this computer and port, after the ICS upgrade and after rooting said upgrade - and then it disappeared. So I went through all the steps to get the mass storage thing connected, and my USB utility on the computer (Zentimo) said that the phone was connected, but no drives showed up. When I looked in Device Manager, though, they were there, with even the drive letters I'd given them - and yellow triangles over them. I updated their drivers, choosing from the list (which didn't show up until I unchecked Show Compatible Software); picked the newest Samsung driver (which said it was MTP - all of them said MTP), and suddenly I had two drives with drive letters and full access again. Whew, and thanks again!

I have the same case with Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1.

I did not reach a solution yet!

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Okay, you should be able to use sfhub's Utility Program (called Auto Root Package but don't mind the name) to enable USB Mass storage on your stock ICS Touchwiz ROM.

Here's his post for reference:

So here's what you would do. Go here and download sfhub's utility . Enable USB Debugging on your phone, follow sfhub's instructions to load the utility and plug in your phone to your PC.

Then from the menu, you would select Option E, then the option to enable USB Mass Storage.

I've never done this myself, but I've used sfhub's configuration utility program many times for other things and it's excellent. It should work for you.

Let us know if you decide to try it!
    I have the same issue (my Galaxy S2 doesn't see the USB pen drive connected via OTG)...
    I tried this method but nothing changed....I still can't see any mass storage device when I connect them via OTG cable...

I have Win7 x64 and ICS 4.0.3 rooted.
    Is there any other method to solve this problem?
    Any market app?
    Last edited by Pdor; 12-28-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Gosh, after all that and all I had to do was Uninstall from Device Manager and then reattach the usb and let it automatically reinstall and presto, all the sudden the options to connect my computer with my samsung s2 device all the sudden appeared. Downloading pictures now! Thank You!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12