Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contacts after ICS and Reset.

After updating to ICS and having the same issues as everyone else and had to do a factory reset since my phone locked up i did a factory reset. So my phone is now back to normal and logged into my google to get my contacts. COOL they are all there.

Well now every single one of my contacts has two of the same phone number. 1 regular number and then the same number with a + in front of it. SOOOOOOOO ANNOYING. now if i want to send a text or call it asked which number to choose.

anyone else dealing with this or know an easy fix.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mythstery View Post
    After updating to ICS and having the same issues as everyone else and had to do a factory reset since my phone locked up i did a factory reset. So my phone is now back to normal and logged into my google to get my contacts. COOL they are all there.

Well now every single one of my contacts has two of the same phone number. 1 regular number and then the same number with a + in front of it. SOOOOOOOO ANNOYING. now if i want to send a text or call it asked which number to choose.

anyone else dealing with this or know an easy fix.
    Thats really weird. I didnt have that issue after a factory reset.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Default Re: Contacts after ICS and Reset.

I have no idea why that happened, but I did recently discover that Google implemented a restore function that will fix your problem. Log into your gmail on a computer, go to your contacts, and under the more menu select "restore contacts". Just pick a time before the problem started. All better!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Contacts after ICS and Reset.

will look into that thank you sideman