Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By captfbgnet
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Emoticons

My new emoticons on ICS look like crap! Anyone else? My old ones were just like the ones here on the forum. They were cool little dudes. Now they are just light green in color, no other colors involved. no big red lips or anything.

Default Re: Emoticons

I agree. Although there are more emoticons to choose from, what good are they if you can't really make them out on the screen? Definitely need more clarity and definition!
    LS14EVR likes this.

ROM
    SGS2= Rooted FF18

Have to agree....they look like poo. Going to search play tonight over wifi to see about downloading some better ones.

Not happy with the new emoticons here, too.

Yep, new emoticons pretty much suck. The GB ones were just fine. They could have kept them the same, and still added new ones too.
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

Yes the ICS Emotioncons suck monkey ballz. Its really easy to add the GB ones to ICS.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Not too worried seeing as Sprint is sending me a new phone with Gingerbread. I'm not taking the update. Screw ICS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight2 View Post
    Yes the ICS Emotioncons suck monkey ballz. Its really easy to add the GB ones to ICS.
    DK, how can these be added to the OTA ICS? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight2 View Post
    That should be in your Stable 5!

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch running DK2's AOKP Stable 4

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeGates View Post
    That should be in your Stable 5!

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch running DK2's AOKP Stable 4
    I would love to see it in DKs next build. The new emoticons aren't even recognizable. I still don't see where it's possible to add GBs emoticons back, is it an app? Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    SGS2= Rooted FF18

Anyone find any GOOD looking ones available on the app store yet?

Has anyone ever figured if the emoticons can be replaced without root? I'm currently not interested in using a different messaging app other than stock. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

I haven't found any way to turn off the silly icons altogether - just give me the raw characters, they're much more readable. Anybody know how to do that?