Blurry text after ICS update

takehiro12

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
After the update, I've noticed significantly less sharp text in SMS messages, some webpages, Words With Friends, etc. Tried changing around the font but it has no effect. Has anyone else experienced this and do you know a fix for it?

rekathon

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Just change the font settings. Type something and make sure the blurry text is gone. Then change them back to what ever you had them on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Yvette

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
OMG, thank you. It worked so well for me. No more blurry text.

Edit: But this setting makes all pictures/wallpapers look bad :(

Last edited:

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You are very lucky it did nothing for me but make the colors less vibrant and the whites gray. Text still has a blur, are you sure you?re looking at the same text some of it is fine and other ones especially black text in a gray box is horrible.

Yvette

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You are very lucky it did nothing for me but make the colors less vibrant and the whites gray. Text still has a blur, are you sure you?re looking at the same text some of it is fine and other ones especially black text in a gray box is horrible.

I can't find any black text in a gray box example, but browser fonts are definitely better looking. For example this forum's font. However, i switched back to Dynamic so that I have normal looking pictures :) . I also installed additional font pack and choosing a different font helps somewhat. I selected Verdana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo