Why is Gmail app so slow to send image attachments?

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Ever since having my GS2 I've noticed that whenever I send an email with in image attachment using the Gmail app they sit there displayed on the inbox screen with "Sending..." in red text for what seems like ages (10+ minutes)? The size of the attached image doesn't seem to matter (full res camera pic or just a screen grab), and being connected to WiFi doesn't seem to help either. This drives me nuts as I often want a really quick way to get an image onto my computer (at work for example) where USB isn't an option.

I am using the latest stock Gingerbread (haven't gone to ICS yet).

On my old OptimusS, I could snap a picture, then select send via Gmail, put a recipient in (myself) and it would show up in my Gmail inbox on a desktop machine nearly instantly.

Anyone have any ideas?

Reactions: vmg.purple

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site
This is old, but I also noticed this on my optimus s and my htc one x. Tried to send a 1.6mb pic from my gmail and it did not send in over 5 minutes. I sent it to my hotmail account with kaiten mail from aol and it took like 40 seconds.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you sending over the network or WiFi? The network is having major issues as Sprint upgrades 3G and roles out LTE. Remember that WiMax is no longer being rolled out and is probably not even being maintained. I have the same issues you have while sending files over the network.

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I actually have at&t now with the htc one x, but both times this has been over wifi. It takes a painstakingly long time, if it would have even sent at all. I have cancelled it both times.