Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Chrome = Battery Drain?

    My battery was draining really quick and I wasn't even using it, was just in my pocket.
    I've been reading all different forums and some said it was the Chrome browser causing the problem and not just on the epic 4g touch. Don't know why? Maybe because its always syncing with the bookmark and webpages who knows. So I uninstalled it and my battery drain seems to have really slowed down to a crawl like in gingerbread, still jot as good but much better.
    So if you have Chrome installed and having battery drain try uninstalling it.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Chrome = Battery Drain?

    I just wanted to second the results. I installed Chrome on Galaxy S 2 and battery life was almost cut in half. Looked under my battery usage and Chrome was 13% of my usage, despite using it only 4 times over a couple of days. Once I uninstalled it the battery drain slowed back down.
  3. #3  
    bp_b850's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chrome = Battery Drain?

    Same results. Battery actually better than GBread.
  4. #4  

    Default

    I was just going to start a thread about this, I downloaded it the other day and didn't use it very long at all, and it had used like 12% or something. Today I haven't used it at all....not even once and it used 8% of my battery.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  
    tivoboy's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chrome = Battery Drain?

    I've had a simliar issue. Chrom was open in multi-tasking, but not being used. One window open, haven't used it in days and yet it is 22% of my battery usage. sync isn't setup, so I'm going to try and just kill it and see if BL is better.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Chrome = Battery Drain?

    Ditto, Ditto and Ditto. I installed Chrome while still on GB and had a huge drain in battery life. Once unistalled i had a huge improvement.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
    I've had a simliar issue. Chrom was open in multi-tasking, but not being used. One window open, haven't used it in days and yet it is 22% of my battery usage. sync isn't setup, so I'm going to try and just kill it and see if BL is better.
    any luck with that?


    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  
    PanchoPlanet's Avatar

    Posts
    135 Posts
    ROM
    Calkulins E4GT.ROM.v3.0

    Default

    Chrome likes ics, not gingerbread.
    But after you have ics and install Chrome, there's going to be a whole bunch of other stuff that's going to suck your battery dry, so your going to wind up back in the same boat.
    GB good. Ics bad.

    Pp.

    Sent from the future using Mayan technology.
  9. #9  
    tivoboy's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chrome = Battery Drain?

    Quote Originally Posted by intoaction66 View Post
    any luck with that?


    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    well, I've stopped using Chrome and my battery life has gotten better for sure. I can go nearly 2days now.

    But, what is odd is that even though I don't LAUNCH Chrome, and even though my task manager is setup to Kill Chrome, it shows up as 27% of my battery use?
  10. #10  
    tivoboy's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chrome = Battery Drain?

    What I REALLY don't understand about CHROME is, I don't open it, I don't use it, I don't let internet links automatically spawn it, I have a task killer installed (that works GREAT!) and yet, on a several day basis, CHROME uses apparently 37% of my battery life?

    WTW, how is that even possible?
  11. #11  

    Default

    I don't understand why anyone would use Google Chrome. It's plagued by bugs and the battery drain being just one of them. I un installed it and now haven't had nearly as many problems.

    Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
  12. #12  
    kkapoorr's Avatar

    Posts
    678 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Pesky battery-sucking setting in Chrome

    There is a possible solution. I've not tried it yet so....

    Author of NoobTech:
    http://wp.me/2uu9r
  13. #13  
    sytanek's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chrome = Battery Drain?

    I had previously read the tilt sensor settings in chrome are what causes this issue, could try turning it off. I think its in settings then experimental or something like that.
  14. #14  
    RH1Pearl's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    850 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chrome = Battery Drain?

    Quote Originally Posted by matt3166 View Post
    My battery was draining really quick and I wasn't even using it, was just in my pocket.
    I've been reading all different forums and some said it was the Chrome browser causing the problem and not just on the epic 4g touch. Don't know why? Maybe because its always syncing with the bookmark and webpages who knows. So I uninstalled it and my battery drain seems to have really slowed down to a crawl like in gingerbread, still jot as good but much better.
    So if you have Chrome installed and having battery drain try uninstalling it.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    I have GS4 and whenever I used Chrome, even at 67% battery, the phone would turn off. When I turn it back on there was 1% left. This happened more than ten times in 2 days. I use official Samsung batteries so I know the power shutdown was not due to the batteries as I've used OEM batteries before. I disabled Chrome, cleared the Data and Cache and my phone is now back to normal. It did, however, screw up one of my batteries as the Samsung repair shop gave me a new one because they said the battery was faulty.

Posting Permissions