Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock (Rooted)

Default FoxFi After ICS Update

Does it still work?

ROM
    Quattrimus CM9

Default Re: FoxFi After ICS Update

Havent had any luck with it on any ics rom so far. look for barnnacle tether or wireless tether. Think you can get them both from the play store. If you don't see them just google apk file

Dear foxfi,
    I knew you were too good to be a true

Looking at their website, foxfi.com, it now states it works on all phones with Android 4.0 where it previously stated last week it was working on getting the app running for ICS. I do believe there's a Foxfi Add-on app in the store now...try and see if it works.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by redhdgirl417 View Post
    Looking at their website, foxfi.com, it now states it works on all phones with Android 4.0 where it previously stated last week it was working on getting the app running for ICS. I do believe there's a Foxfi Add-on app in the store now...try and see if it works.
    It still says that...

FoxFi Installer
    *Support for the new Galaxy S3 and the new ICS update for Epic Touch are being worked on. Should be compatible soon in a future update.
    takehiro12 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by s_special View Post
    Dear foxfi,
    I knew you were too good to be a true
    Actually, the part that's too good to be true is the add-on. It's supposed to make your tethering traffic look like web traffic, but apparently, the carrier (specifically AT&T) can totally tell anyway. Users have been given warnings about unauthorized tethering even though they're running the add-on.

I did use FoxFi here and there before the ICS update -- maybe for like 20MB altogether (hey, it's not like Sprint 3G is fast enough to rack up more than that), and I received no warnings. So there's some threshold before they bust you, but after the devs get FoxFi working again, just be warned that, like rooted tethering, it can be detected if abused.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Foxfi and PDANet have both been kaput since I went to ICS.

Anyone know what happened?

Sprint blocked it. Since they give most users unlimited data, they charge extra for tethering. So first they blocked Sprint phones from seeing FoxFi in Google Play and then, with the ICS update, put another lock on tethering.

The FoxFi devs are implyng they will work around this. Whether or not they can or how long it will take, we'll see.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

So they release this abomination of an OS, but lock out one of the few things I actually use.

Just awful.

ICS has its bugs but its not all bad after a factory data reset

Wifi tether works great on ICS!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rasbutan View Post
    So they release this abomination of an OS, but lock out one of the few things I actually use.

Just awful.
    Yes, Sprint enforcing their Terms of Service is just awful. Making it harder for you to steal data in an un-authorized manner makes Sprint evil. Jeez

Root the phone and get Wifi Tether from Play. If you did some research instead of whining you'd have tethering.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Works for me but I had to change my network name on Foxfi.
    redhdgirl417 likes this.

Pdanet still works for me, and wifi tether works well too of you want to go wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
    It still says that...

FoxFi Installer
    *Support for the new Galaxy S3 and the new ICS update for Epic Touch are being worked on. Should be compatible soon in a future update.
    Didn't see that still being on their website...thanks for update, thought they had found a work around. Boo.

With pdanet and blue tooth tethering with foxfi I'm still able to tether fine (its not as convenient but it will work until a fix happens)

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Got the PDAnet to work, had to install the Samsung Drivers. Now, to see if I can make Foxfi work.

ROM
    Quattrimus CM9

Quote Originally Posted by redhdgirl417 View Post
    I had not seen that. Nice! I actually did like having it with gb, was kinda shocked when I found out I couldn't use it on ics

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Ok, you have to uninstall foxfi in apps, then google foxfi and install the bin file from foxfi website. Basically you have to uninstall and reinstall to get it working....and all is good

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinLaker View Post
    Ok, you have to uninstall foxfi in apps, then google foxfi and install the bin file from foxfi website. Basically you have to uninstall and reinstall to get it working....and all is good
    If this is all that is necessary to get FoxFi working, why are the developers not telling us to uninstall/reinstall?

Quote Originally Posted by davinwv View Post
    If this is all that is necessary to get FoxFi working, why are the developers not telling us to uninstall/reinstall?
    I tried doing it the day ICS came out for the E4GT and it didn't work.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

I had to change the name of the Foxfi network setting and then it worked on my Razr after ICS update.

Quote Originally Posted by THARD View Post
    I had to change the name of the Foxfi network setting and then it worked on my Razr after ICS update.
    Doesn't work for me, thanks for the suggestion though.

Foxfi worked fine for me until i did a ICS update on my Sprint Galaxy S2 phone.
    I kept getting the notice to update to ICS and just kept ignoring it, then I said what the hey..now I'm paying the price..foxfi wont work.

I tried a hard reset..no luck.
    I called sprint, they said call your local sprints store and they will downgrade to ginger bread, but when I called the sprint store [three of them] they all said they can not down grade a op sys once it has been installed.[the old phones used to have this ability]

My advise to everyone.
    If your phone is working well, try to find a option under settings to disable alert messages and keep using using your current op sys as long as you own the phone.
    Theses companies are getting really slick and putting things in your upgrades that limit functionality.
    Sprint disabled the ability at Goggle Play to download Foxfi, not they went the next step to prevent it's use in ICS.

Upgraders beware.

Quote Originally Posted by strabo231 View Post
    I had not seen that. Nice! I actually did like having it with gb, was kinda shocked when I found out I couldn't use it on ics

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Per Foxfi.com/bin, where the download link is found for us Sprinters, they are still working on support for the SGSIII and Epic Touch with ICS update. Hope they're able to break thru the Great Wall Sprint erected!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast