Can't Mount System

2jules123

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello-

I am rooted on the Phantom Blazer Rom, with the FF18 Kernel. No matter what I do, I am not able to mount /System as RW. I do have SuperUser installed, as well as Busybox. All my other root apps seem to work. But..., I can't mount it. If I try in the mobile terminal after obtaining root access, I get "Read only file system". If I try in Root explorer nothing happens. It gives me a failed message if I try to change the permissions on the system folder. I had this issue on the Mijjz Rom yesterday, so I tried it on this Rom, same issue. I have also tried the "Mount /System" app in the app-store, it says it successfully mounted but the folder doesn't actually mount. I should point out, the issue started after I used a custom PIT available on xda in order to fix the emmc brick issue. Thanks for the help! :)

Last edited:

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Try using either Xplore or Es File Manager. Those to from the settings for the app should let you change your permissions without any hassle.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
^^^ That is correct. I was running that rom for a while and androzip wouldn't mount but ES file explorer did the trick.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: strabo231