Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight2 View Post
    Do you have lookout installed on your device or any non trusted apps downloaded?
    What's the problem with Lookout? I'm new here.

Default Re: SOLVED: ICS Upgrade - Factory Reset Does Not Fix Battery Drai

WHAT!!!! Factory Reset doesn't fix battery drain???? But, but, but, but dark_knight2 said it fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by joe.stay View Post
    WHAT!!!! Factory Reset doesn't fix battery drain???? But, but, but, but dark_knight2 said it fixes it.
    Before I got my new phone. I did a factory reset after my ICS update and the battery and 4G issues were still there. So, no, a Factory reset will not fix your battery issue.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: SOLVED: ICS Upgrade - Factory Reset Does Not Fix Battery Drai

A Factory Reset helped my battery problems, but it still seemed to be draining faster than it did before. And I noticed it drained even faster when I was at home and connected to WiFi constantly (which makes no sense, but was pretty clearly happening).

I fooled around with some settings, some diagnostics (CPU Spy and BetterBatteryStats) and even tried a couple of battery saver apps to shut off WiFi (Easy Battery Saver and 2X Battery). I found that when I was connected to WiFi my phone was not getting to DeepSleep mode ... something was keeping it "awake".

When I tried different settings for "Keep WiFi on during sleep" neither "Never" or "Always" seemed to make much difference, but "Only when plugged in" seemed to actually help. My phone gets to DeepSleep much more often (unless it's plugged in, which doesn't really matter) and seems to drain slower. The downside is that now WiFi sometimes (but not always) doesn't re-connect when the phone wakes up. Doesn't make any sense that "Only when plugged in" acts much different than "Never", but maybe there's a bug in that bit of code?

Maybe there's other problems/solutions too ... but this seems to help my phone. FWIW.

Default Re: SOLVED: ICS Upgrade - Factory Reset Does Not Fix Battery Drain

I have the same issue!!! And the worst part is that some times the phone won't even charge correctly when it's plugged in! I was at 9% and after charging for an hour and a half only got to 24%

I restarted my phone too. And i wanted to try the Cpu Spy but it's saying phone not compatible "no states file found. are you sure your phone is compatible" i Have the EVO 3d, and the ICS has just completely screwed my battery! I have to charge my phone while I'm at work, all day. I need help!!!

I am facing the same issue too ---

Problem1: The battery drains out like ttt .....
    Problem2: BT audio blips are seen like crazy 100% audio blips when playing songs using FORD Car kit ....

How can Samsung send such an OTA Upgrade like this? Havent they tested at all????

The battery is draining much quicker when Wifi is enabled .... I heard Samsung S2 uses Broadcom wifi chip ---- Crazzzzyyyyyy .....
    Samsung needs to change this Chip --- and first of all give me a solution for this "Junk in its Trunk"

Default Re: DO NOT UPGRADE TO ICS: Factory Reset Does Not Fix Battery Dra

Ditto here! man my battery does not even make it to noon I have to keep my second charger nearby at all times which is bothersome, I'm ready to get a another phone something needs to be done soon or Samsung is going to lose me as a customer.

I found the biggest problem for me is Wifi. As long as I have a wifi connection (like at home) it is fine, but when I am out and there is no connection, I battery drains quick! Even with a Wifi connection and not using the phone, it drains pretty quick. I am assuming it is constantly searching for a signal or something.

Anyway, I have got into the habbit of just keeping Wifi OFF. When I am going to download something bigger I just turn it on and then turn it off when I am done. It's not a big deal for me.

I also installed Bettery Battery Stats and CPUSpy a few weeks ago to keep an eye on everything. It was showing with Wifi on, it was keeping my phone "awake" and not allowing it to go into deep sleep at all.

Since I have got into the habbit of turning off wifi, my phone will go all day and into the night. I would say I have moderate use on it, between phone calls, apps, internet and games.

I just upgraded to FI27 last night. I am not expecting anything to really change, but we will see....

I am facing the same issue. I just want to know, have you got the remedy of this problem. If yes, can you please share it to me. Thank u

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Immediately after latest update I started having issues with battery. The charge wouldn't hold more than 7-8 hours. I hard reset this past weekend and removed the memory card. I also did not reload applications and turned off sync, even on gmail. See the attached battery report for this morning. I couldn't believe it this morning when I saw I have over 50% battery and just over 24 hours of light use.
    SOLVED: ICS Upgrade - Factory Reset Does Not Fix Battery Drain-12-1.jpg
    It has to be one of the applications draining the battery. Can someone help isolate the problem.
    Last edited by bp_b850; 11-12-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    H Santiago
    CURRENT: Sprint GSII, Sprint Galaxy Tab, GTV

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

i see alot of people showing battery life screen shots,but never touching their phone. also having everything turned off.... that isn't a solution that is dumb to me. it isnt a smart phone that way. i would love an option to GB no root. simple downgrade option . id love to reset phone to day 1.
    Thanked by:

Similar problems for me - did the ICS update and BAM!! Battery hell. Drains out about 10-20% per hour.
    Factory reset did nothing so I rooted the phone and installed the Resurrection Remix rom. Same problem. Factory reset again, still same problem. Figured maybe the battery was just toast, so bought a new one...same problem. Tried with and without SD card but still same problem. CPU spy and better battery monitor don't seem to show anything out of the ordinay; what the hell?!
    So, wiped the phone back to the original GB rom. That's got to fix it, right? ...same problem...

Currently hating Samsung and Android with great intensity.

<EDIT> I should mention this is with wifi, data, and background stuff turned OFF -- even does the same thing in flight mode. Might as well be a paperweight.

I deleted all text message threads off my phone and it significantly boosted my battery life. No idea why that would work though. Keep in mind it doesn't fix the issue alone, as I had earlier done a factory reset and bought a new battery (previous battery was bulging). Those two helped somewhat, but it wasn't until after deleting texts that my battery life was back to what it was pre ICS.

I still feel like somethings wrong, though. "Android OS" still sucks up the most battery life, even though I don't remember that ranking high before ICS.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

I know there are lot of screenshots but this happend to me today. I was just checking e-mail fb or g+ nothing serious. Wifi off, power saving on, bt off, gps off, 3g on. Signal good...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SOLVED: ICS Upgrade - Factory Reset Does Not Fix Battery Drain-uploadfromtaptalk1353095197180.jpg  

I can add my phone to the growing numbers with battery drain problems post ICS update. Although coming late to the updtae party since I went to ICS last week I've had battery problems even with doing factory resets, removing the SD card, removing all apps...

The annoying thing is that I'll be using the phone and it will just turn off without low battery warning. When i plug it back into the charger it will first look as though there is virtually no battery but within a second or two the battery will show 50-60% charge, but then take an hour or so to fully charge. Is this a usual ICS bug or perhaps could it be someting else?

You need a new battery. I had the same issue. You can get one for 10$ on Amazon.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Is it really as simple as putting a new battery in? Why didnt I have battery problems when running Ginger bread?
    Ta

Samsung Galaxy S2 on orange UK

No idea. It's strange, I admit. But I had the same issues even after a factory reset, and only a new battery stopped it. After a while, my Blackberry did the same thing. I guess it's just something that happens with old batteries. I'm not an expert on the matter, but I can confirm that it worked for me. Try the spin test to see if your battery is bulging.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Took out the external SD card and now the battery lasts for 24 hours with 2 hours emails + browsing internet and normal usage in respect of calls.
    with the SD card plugged in, the phone was only lasting for 5 hours!!!!

weird, I don't know what's the relation between SD card and battery life.
    Note: running ICS 4.0.3 Galaxy S2

Thanks ReDDevil2112

Got myself a new battery and all seems well (so far).

Fingers crossed...

My LG NITRO HD had GB 2.3.5 rooted and I always had to charge it once or twice a day. Only one time did I get 64.5 hours standby time using some battery app I can't remember the name.
    My phone had some bug where the screen would come on/off for no reason, I was trying to figure it out because it was draining my battery after I got the awesome standby time.
    Later I was playing with a battery app and rebooted to the troublesome boot loop.
    I could not get my phone to complete a factory reset nor could I get it into safe mode.
    I used a tool to reinstall everything and to my surprise I got ICS 4.0.4
    I was able to root this version thanks to Bin4ry and also another surprise this version I got did NOT have CIQ (carrier iq)
    I think it was because it was not directly from AT&T but it was not a leaked version either, just from LG.
    Anyway I want to say that ICS has much better battery usage than GB and I am using the stock 1830mah battery thats a year+ old.
    First day of charge I got 43.5 hours standby time with 15% battery left and 93% deep sleep.
    Second time of charge I have got 87.5 hours standby time with 15% battery left and 94% deep sleep.
    Right now as I type I am at 28 hours and 45 minutes standby time with 65% battery left and 92% deep sleep.

Cell standby 45.4%
    Phone idle 21.8%
    Display 21.2%
    Android system 3.1%

I have brightness turned down to minimum.
    All data is off.
    Wifi on only when I need it.
    Background processes are set to 1 or none.
    Haptic feedback is off.

ICS 4.0.4 is way better than GB 2.3.5
    I just ordered a 3900mah and can't wait to see how it does.
    Also just ordered a 32gb sd for more room.

Only thing that was an issue was not backing up my contacts and having to reinstall over 300 apps.

On average it seems I am getting a 1% battery drain an hour.

Buy a Second Phone Then Swap The Sim. Buy A Second Battery and Swap Tha Battery When it Is Just about Flat. A Second Phone sonds Betta. Get 3 Batteries and a External Battery Charga from au.cellphoneshop.net.

I bought 3, 2900 mah extended batteries and a standard factory battery and nothing changed. So if all 4 new batteries didn't work I'd say that's no coincidence and the battery itself isn't the problem
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123