E4GT ICS - Text Ringer while in-call

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I got my ICS update last week. While it don't mind it because I don't get that many calls, my wife who also has the same phone and ICS hates the fact that now when you are talking and in a call and a text comes through the text ringer completely rings out.

It used to be, on Gingerbread, if I remember right, when you were in a call and you would get a text, you would just hear a little blip or something that would indicate you got a text, but your actual text ringer would not ring during a call.

Anyone else experience this with this phone? Is there any way to fix that, or an app that will accomodate that? I have seen some of the volume apps, but they do not fix this.

Thanks.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I got my ICS update last week. While it don't mind it because I don't get that many calls, my wife who also has the same phone and ICS hates the fact that now when you are talking and in a call and a text comes through the text ringer completely rings out.

It used to be, on Gingerbread, if I remember right, when you were in a call and you would get a text, you would just hear a little blip or something that would indicate you got a text, but your actual text ringer would not ring during a call.

Anyone else experience this with this phone? Is there any way to fix that, or an app that will accomodate that? I have seen some of the volume apps, but they do not fix this.

Thanks.

Unfortunately there's no way to turn that off with stock messaging app. I know bummer, I hate getting a text while on the phone, blaring in ear its annoying.
You could download a 3rd party like, Handcent. There is an option to have it just vibrate or ring while on a call or both on or off.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.

Yooooo I thought I was the only one having that problem. I hate that sooooooo much. I wish there was a way we can turn it off besides downloading a third party app

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I installed Handcent and you can indeed set it to correct for the text ringer while in a call issue. I do not really like the interface though - it feels too cartoony - if that makes sense.

The good thing though is you can install it, set it to be your primary messaging app and still continue to use the stock messaging app if you like that better. Because Handcent is made primary it will continue to ring on your phone as is set in the app even if you use the stock texter, which is kind of a bonus to me.

Thanks.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes. So far I have it set up so that app is my primary msging app, so it controlls how the phone rings, but I can and still do use the stock txt app to msg with because I prefer that. You might like Handcent better, but too cartoony for me - that is just my taste though. There are a million options and I made all the colors and layout look exactly like the stock txt app, but it still isn't quite the same so I use the regular one with Handcent installed to handle the rings properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams