Sprint/Samsung issuing ICS fix!

norstarguru

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok ya all I have been finding this is the problem with ICS on several problems, cache is not clearing with the update. Example: Swype keyboard will not work after update- clear cache in applications and you are all good, same thing goes for foxfi uninstall and reinstall and you are good. But most important is battery life- "pull battery and put back in- hold volume up and power button at the same time till u get a weird screen- use your vol button to scroll to clear cache- when complete select system reboot- when the phone comes back on you should get a message that states android update complete...and hopefully all issues are gone.

Last edited:

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Jay was assisting me with trying to upgrade to CM9, but I botched somehting. I ended up trying to install a Calkins ROM instead of Calkins wipe all program. As I needed a phone for today, i ended up re-rooting back to FF18 root and I can tell a pretty significant difference between this and Sprints "upgrade". Not certain on battery life yet as I am presently streaming music from a radio station. BUT it is running butter smooth. Going to try the CM9 upgrade again this weekend. Fingers are crossed.

markta

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
twin laker, yesterday i tried the 'battery pull weird screen thing' you speak of and all seemed like it was running fine after that as far as battery life and smoothness of screen interface. I was pretty excited about this being the answer. I woke this morning,I have had the phone on for 2 hours and i am down to 85% on battery and falling fast.With doing nothing on the phone. :(

Last edited:

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
As of right now, I have used 20% battery in 2.5hours. BUT that includes streaming music for over an hour! and playing angry birds free for 10 minutes. I am peaking the battery right now. My android OS percentage was only 5%, Angry birds was over 40% and screen was over 60%. I will update on battery later tonight.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
twin laker, yesterday i tried the 'battery pull weird screen thing' you speak of and all seemed like it was running fine after that as far as battery life and smoothness of screen interface. I was pretty excited about this being the answer. I woke this morning,I have had the phone on for 2 hours and i am down to 85% on battery and falling fast.With doing nothing on the phone. :(

It seems like the bug is something keeping the phone from staying asleep. I got a new battery and can get 4 hours of screen on time when using the phone a lot. But same as you, if I leave it alone, the battery drains. It used to drain 5-8 percent over 8-9 hours and now drains 34%.

markta

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Strangely enough, i let my phone set overnight (about 8 hours) a few nights ago before i did the 'battery pull, weird screen thing' and it lost only 6% overnight sitting on kitchen counter.

Android OS this morning was 22% when i got to work (office environment). It has now jumped to 41% without any use.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I just keep calling sprint and Samsung. The sprint tech said she had been getting a lot of calls. The samsung tech said this is the first he had heard of the problem but would pass it up the chain.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just keep calling sprint and Samsung. The sprint tech said she had been getting a lot of calls. The samsung tech said this is the first he had heard of the problem but would pass it up the chain.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

That's a standard response from Samsung tier 1 support. Every time they hear the same thing it's the first time they've heard of it.

My 4 year old does the same thing.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
That's a standard response from Samsung tier 1 support. Every time they hear the same thing it's the first time they've heard of it.

My 4 year old does the same thing.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

My two Cockatiels are the same way.....they make a huge mess on the floor (usually throwing popcorn) and when I look at them they look back at me like they have no clue what I am talking about....."What mess?" :p Samsung: What problems? Sprint: "What problems?"

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
You guys are cracking me up. I'm still gonna call every other day or so. Maybe I'll keep calling until someone tells me that they've heard of the issue. I'll report back on that sometime in 2013.

pd87

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I just got the update yesturday (the 2nd)havent noticed the battery loss.But I will see how it is in the am after sitting all night. One thing I noticed after ICS was, everytime I turn on wifi, it gives me an error on signing in to the You Tube app (which I cant remove). When I go to sign in, there is an extra google account thats not mine and I cant get rid of it...

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: Well....after being off the charger for almost 10 hours, I have used 32% of my 3200mah battery. This is rooting to FF18 last night. Question Jay. Is CM9 better on battery than this?