Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default no ICS

wondering how many of you haven't done the update ?
    After the last one, I decided to wait to take on ICS. I have had NO problems what so ever with Gingerbread.
    so far, I am sooooo glad I just keep hitting "later " for the update.
    Is there a way for me to quite getting the notice to do the "upgrade available " ??
    Thanks. How awful to have a phone for only months, and have a bunch of problems....
    I hope everyone gets their phones fixed soon.

Default Re: no ICS

I never received the update notice on my phone but tried to update ppl, firmware but that did not work was told to manually download or go to a store but around that time I heard they rescinded the recall due to major bugs until they clear them up supposed to be sometime in September meanwhile like yours my phone is working just fine knocking on wood.

Did the manual update. Zero problems and battery life is GREAT! Not to mention the added features. I'm enjoying the ICS update.

Quote Originally Posted by carole6m View Post
    Did the manual update. Zero problems and battery life is GREAT! Not to mention the added features. I'm enjoying the ICS update.
    I'm having the same good fortune with my phone...I guess there are some areas that are not perfect, but for the most part I have had no issues.

Why is it, if the OTA and the manual upgrade software are the same, that so many people are having issues? I don't get it? What is it about their phones that these similar issues have reared their ugly heads but not other's like ours???

I did the manual update and I have had no issues. I love ICS lots of great features. Looks awesome to since I have mine set to the stock launcher.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

I d/l the update but did not do the manual install. I may install it eventually but I'd rather wait for an updated update.

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

I did the OTA a couple weeks ago. Only real knock is that I know my battery life took a hit. Otherwise I like ICS.

If you stick with the TWLauncher you really almost cannot tell that you aren't still on GB...it looks exactly the same! I decided to go with the "Clean" ICS Launcher for a change of pace to see what "Stock" is like. I do like the ICS folders much more than TW.

I tried Apex and Nova launchers....but they were more customization than I needed, and I swear Apex ran the battery down more than the TW or "Clean" launcher.

Anyway, I kind of wish I had stayed on GB......but the deed has been done and I am not complaining enough to go through the effort of reflashing back to GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    I did the OTA a couple weeks ago. Only real knock is that I know my battery life took a hit. Otherwise I like ICS.

If you stick with the TWLauncher you really almost cannot tell that you aren't still on GB...it looks exactly the same! I decided to go with the "Clean" ICS Launcher for a change of pace to see what "Stock" is like. I do like the ICS folders much more than TW.

I tried Apex and Nova launchers....but they were more customization than I needed, and I swear Apex ran the battery down more than the TW or "Clean" launcher.

Anyway, I kind of wish I had stayed on GB......but the deed has been done and I am not complaining enough to go through the effort of reflashing back to GB.
    Its super easy to go back.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Smile Re: no ICS

INteresting enough,
    I am no longer getting system update notices !! stopped yesterday. so Now I can just continue to enjoy GB until they fix everything and all of you talk about how Kick A-- it is !!!

Quote Originally Posted by GiantJay View Post
    Its super easy to go back.

I like the ics launcher as well but hate that the wallpapers don't display correctly.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    I like the ics launcher as well but hate that the wallpapers don't display correctly.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Agreed. Wallpapers and contact pics are not formatted properly. Terrible.