ICS what the crap...

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello friends... old and new. Been a while since I've been on here... I, like many of you, have had an issue with the mass storage device issue. My first question to you all is...

1. Why is this happening? LOL

Seriously though... what's the deal with the MTP setting menu telling me to download file transfer from android.com and everything still not working...? Are there any updates on this issue? I got a pop up the other day saying there was an update for android, but now I check to see if theres an update but to no avail...

Anything?

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I absolutely hate the new mass storage way. I find it easier to just take the SD card out and use a SD card reading hooked to the computer.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Android is moving towards MTP, and Samsung removing USB Mass storage as an option with the ICS update is them embracing this. You may as well get used to it, because it's here to stay, for better or worse.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: thenameisnigel

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Plug your phone in to the computer. When the usb icon pops up at the top, flick down to bring up the notification screen. Tao where it says "connected as a media device. Tap camera (ptp). Should show on the computer now.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Android is moving towards MTP, and Samsung removing USB Mass storage as an option with the ICS update is them embracing this. You may as well get used to it, because it's here to stay, for better or worse.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I understand why they are but someone needs to tell my 2010 Chevy Malibu what mtp is because my phone will not work at all with the integrated usb connector or bluetooth.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77