IF you're not having battery issues...

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey Carole,

how to you have your phone set up? I'm not very tech savvy, but I've followed what you have done and don't see much of an improvement. 62% after a full day seems insanely good. Would love some feeback. Thanks!

That's pretty much it. Turned vibration off completely - ringer, haptic feedback and stuff. In exchange email setting, change the interval from "push" to 1 hour or so. I downloaded betterbatterystats and it looked like Exchange Email was using up the most battery so I changed the interval. I'm using Go Launcher and Go Locker which use more battery and I have auto brightness on but my battery life is still great.

bkang22

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I know, ICS isn't perfect, but many people fail to realize that most battery drain issues are app related, not all, but most.

Well I guess that is true for some the only apps I have are weather, time, android, play books (only because it wont' let me remove it)... in otherwords I'm down to the apps that came with the phone. I did have an anti virus, facebook and angry birds all of which have been removed with no improvement. I have systems sounds off, tacticle feel off, wifi off, 4g off, sync off for gmail If I get a phone call battery drains quickly and with this annoying ICS upgrade not only is the battery life bad, I now have a weaker signal and phone drops in my house when it didn't for the past year. It is supposed to be a smart phone and it is barely a useable phone from home. Oh I forgot to mention I now get the constant roaming error no matter what setting I use for Roaming I get the error message.
I have Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4g

Sargeant002

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I noticed something odd with only 4 processes running. The available RAM cleared out was less and less throughout the day. I put it back to default and when I clear tasks it will free up more everytime. Also seems AT&T at least around here generally has higher cell standby useage?

Brian-

Sent with my at&t SGSIII

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed Facebook never stops running even if you shut it down manually and turn off all syncing it comes right back up. So I didn't install it on my phone I hate it anyway the only reason I use it is because so many friends and family do but I've moved on to the much better Google+. Anyway whether I have WiFi on or off or whatever everything works great for me with the ff18 stock ota update. It was bad at first for a few days but got better. When I did my factory reset I did it from recovery mode by turning the phone off and holding the volume up and power button at the same time until the Samsung galaxy screen pops up the releasing both buttons. I also wiped cache a few times and did another factory reset and wiped cache again just to be sure. I'm just glad my phone works well I checked it earlier and I had 64% battery left after my being off charge for about 13 1/2 hours, that's with light use but that is pretty damn good I would say. And my WiFi was on most of that time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

paulhead

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
(stock phone) Was about to get a new battery so frustrated with the drain but I finally did a FR which I think was the kicker. Did a SD card and USB wipe, when it rebooted I did this (with credit to Stearmandriver for the info):
THEN, I tried a trick I read about somewhere, out of desparation. I powered my phone down and removed the back cover (you'll see why). I plugged it in and charged until it was full (the LED turns blue). WITHOUT unplugging the phone, I pulled the battery. (That's why you remove the cover first). I then unplugged and let the phone sit for 5 minutes, then installed the battery and powered on. Problem SOLVED. Seriously, no exaggeration, no placebo effect. I went from getting around 6 hours (maybe 8 after wiping dalvik) to 14 with my normal use.
I adjusted background process' no more than 4 (it's in settings > developer options> limit background processes (credit to jivegirl14 )), killed haptic, sync and other unnecessary energy grabbers that I've read about here. I thought maybe the battery being over a year old and the ICS update was it but I went from 6-8 hours on a charge to this:
Screenshot_2012-10-11-15-33-22.png

Screenshot_2012-10-11-15-33-27.png

I'm slowly adding apps back, light to moderate use but like I said I think the FR was it. Am happy with my phone again :)

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
(stock phone) Was about to get a new battery so frustrated with the drain but I finally did a FR which I think was the kicker. Did a SD card and USB wipe, when it rebooted I did this (with credit to Stearmandriver for the info): I adjusted background process' no more than 4 (it's in settings > developer options> limit background processes (credit to jivegirl14 )), killed haptic, sync and other unnecessary energy grabbers that I've read about here. I thought maybe the battery being over a year old and the ICS update was it but I went from 6-8 hours on a charge to this:
Screenshot_2012-10-11-15-33-22.png

Is it too late to do that battery trick?? I too did a factory reset 2 weeks ago and it improved my battery life but thinking maybe it could be better. Can i do that battery trick without having to do a FR again?
Screenshot_2012-10-11-15-33-27.png

I'm slowly adding apps back, light to moderate use but like I said I think the FR was it. Am happy with my phone again :)

mikzx0r01

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I guess that is true for some the only apps I have are weather, time, android, play books (only because it wont' let me remove it)... in otherwords I'm down to the apps that came with the phone. I did have an anti virus, facebook and angry birds all of which have been removed with no improvement. I have systems sounds off, tacticle feel off, wifi off, 4g off, sync off for gmail If I get a phone call battery drains quickly and with this annoying ICS upgrade not only is the battery life bad, I now have a weaker signal and phone drops in my house when it didn't for the past year. It is supposed to be a smart phone and it is barely a useable phone from home. Oh I forgot to mention I now get the constant roaming error no matter what setting I use for Roaming I get the error message.
I have Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4g

I think the reason you're getting the roaming error is because the roaming mode is on AUTOMATIC. You can change this to Sprint only by going to SETTINGS > MORE (under wireless and network) > Roaming > Roaming mode.

Heres mine, got my phone exchanged, came with ICS. did FR and worked wonders for me.

Screenshot_2012-10-03-13-33-07.png

flyby777

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Juice Defender has made a huge difference with my GS3. I use the power on/off toggle widget because my brain frequently needs a reset. a little reminder is all I need although an expanded SD brain card would be nice. Unfortunately, I haven't found a forum for that but I will give a thumbs up to JD. It's important for people to know that it often takes several days to see results. Too many don't see any difference within a few hours and uninstall or someone convinces them that it's a task killer and therefore, constantly running. Interventional education is frequently needed.