When upgrade eligability hits, sticking with SGS2 or switching?

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if I got a glitchy phone or what, but to be honest I havent been all that enamored with my SGS2. I do like the fact that it has one of the best cameras and that may be the #2 selling point to me however the software and overall performance has been buggy and the battery, even on gingerbread is just too feeble for me.

If you are like me you got your SGS2 the first day it came out. 18 months later when the upgrade hits, I think I am going to jump ship. If you plan on doing the same, what are you going after?

Personally I dont want anything on the market right now. The SGS2 has left a bad taste in my mouth and doesnt make me want a SGS3. The Galaxy Nexus isnt the top end phone so thats out. I am hoping sprint gets something bad ass this fall/winter.

Even though it seems rather large, I am kind of eyeing the Galaxy Note 2 if Sprint offers it.

Id like to hear other thoughts from you future detractors like me.

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: When upgrade eligability hits, sticking with SGS2 or switchin

Guess I should have probably read that similarly posted thread right before mine. I really kind of wanted to hear the other new phones coming out that you all are looking forward to...

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: When upgrade eligability hits, sticking with SGS2 or switchin

I will be sticking with the GS2 for the near future. I just bought a Nexus 7 so that satisfies my jellybean cravings and ensures I'll have the latest version of Android for a while. Also I've enjoyed my GS2 w/ minimal problems. Battery life has taken a slight hit w/ ICS (not as drastic as many ppl are reporting though) but I have two spare batteries so that's no big deal.

My next phone will prob be the next Nexus phone but again I'm in no rush to upgrade. Debating whether to ditch Sprint and go prepaid but having a data cap scares me.