Anyone replace their battery after ICS?

blars1206

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
If you are getting better battery life, consider yourself extremely lucky (and perhaps the only one), because my battery "drops like a rock". From reading on this and other forums, I am not alone. :'(

I know the ICS update on my phone is "the issue" - Samsung Galaxy 2 Epic 4G Touch from Sprint.

Hmm, my battery is great and so are many others. I'm on a custom Rom but my wife is stock OTA ICS and she is getting basically the same as I am. It is almost always use apps and settings that cause battery drain. You should get the app betterbatterystats and see what's going on with your phone.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Turned wifi back to not go to sleep and notification light back on. Left off charger over night starting at 100%. After 8 and a half hours lost 34% of battery. The only reason you see screen on time at all is because I didn't take the screen shot rigt away. I didn't enable any of the sounds that I had turned off.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

norstarguru

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I think I have found the problem after going nuts for about a week- (ics update is not completing)pull battery-hold vol up and power at the same until u get a funky screen- scroll with vol button to clear cache, once complete do a system reboot and you should get a MSG that says android update complete, plus all the stuff above should help if it does not I will be back because this 4 hour battery life is not working for me and I have everything off.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I think I have found the problem after going nuts for about a week- (ics update is not completing)pull battery-hold vol up and power at the same until u get a funky screen- scroll with vol button to clear cache, once complete do a system reboot and you should get a MSG that says android update complete, plus all the stuff above should help if it does not I will be back because this 4 hour battery life is not working for me and I have everything off.

I think this is part of it - by the way, if you do it again it will also say finalizing android update and android update successful. I thought maybe the system sounds was also a big culprit but mine are still off and I lost 34% battery overnight without using my phone (I did have wifi and bluetooth on but have been able to do that in the past without a problem). So something is still draining the battery that shouldn't. Hopefully you will get better battery life from wiping the cache - keep me posted.

blars1206

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I think this is part of it - by the way, if you do it again it will also say finalizing android update and android update successful. I thought maybe the system sounds was also a big culprit but mine are still off and I lost 34% battery overnight without using my phone (I did have wifi and bluetooth on but have been able to do that in the past without a problem). So something is still draining the battery that shouldn't. Hopefully you will get better battery life from wiping the cache - keep me posted.

get betterbatterystats app and see what wakelocks you have. Your android os category is way high. Something isn't right. I don't think your phone is going into deep sleep and just staying there.

Reactions: Murphy5111

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
get betterbatterystats app and see what wakelocks you have. Your android os category is way high. Something isn't right. I don't think your phone is going into deep sleep and just staying there.

Has anyone tried this(who is having this problem) ? I looked in the market and the recent reviews say that it crashes. Thanks

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried this(who is having this problem) ? I looked in the market and the recent reviews say that it crashes. Thanks

I use it frequently. It's how I found out about the AudioOut_1 partial wake lock that can be caused by having system sounds enabled on CM9. It's a great app and absolutely required for proper battery life diagnosis.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Juice defender sent to aggressive seems to be helping. Lost 7% in last 5 hours with phone idle. Sounds are still off but I left wifi and bluetooth on.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, back to stock Gingerbread and all is right in the world. I haven't turned off a thing, not wifi, bluetooth, sync, etc. and I only lost 5% battery overnight with my phone unplugged and turned on. Not 34% like I was getting on ICS. Wish I could post a screen shot but getting the 404 not found error again.