Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GiantJay
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Issue with Play Store?

For the past week, if I factory reset my phone (I just did a second time after upgrading to ICS) if I open Google Play and click Settings > My Apps, the list shows applications I have downloaded in the past (associated with my Google account), but does not show applications that came installed on the phone that need an update (such as GMail)...what is causing these applications to not appear and how can I fix this issue? The only way I can get GMail to appear is to search for it. My installed apps list currently only shows the applications I have installed today. Please help!

Default Re: Issue with Play Store?

It doesn't show up because it is pre-installed on the phone, thus you never technically downloaded it. It will tell you if it needs an update though via a notification.
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!

Scroll over to installed apps to the left. There is a section for installed apps and a section for previous history. Its a new feature of ICS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Uglyfido likes this.

Default Re: Issue with Play Store?

Quote Originally Posted by GiantJay View Post
    Scroll over to installed apps to the left. There is a section for installed apps and a section for previous history. Its a new feature of ICS.

I don't know how I have missed this new feature in the Play store for so long. Thanks for pointing it out!
    Oh Yeah?! Well, my mom thinks I'm cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyfido View Post
    I don't know how I have missed this new feature in the Play store for so long. Thanks for pointing it out!
    Ya its pretty handy, I like it.

That was on Gingerbread also

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums