Issue with Play Store?

Marley

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
For the past week, if I factory reset my phone (I just did a second time after upgrading to ICS) if I open Google Play and click Settings > My Apps, the list shows applications I have downloaded in the past (associated with my Google account), but does not show applications that came installed on the phone that need an update (such as GMail)...what is causing these applications to not appear and how can I fix this issue? The only way I can get GMail to appear is to search for it. My installed apps list currently only shows the applications I have installed today. Please help!

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't show up because it is pre-installed on the phone, thus you never technically downloaded it. It will tell you if it needs an update though via a notification.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Scroll over to installed apps to the left. There is a section for installed apps and a section for previous history. Its a new feature of ICS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Uglyfido

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Scroll over to installed apps to the left. There is a section for installed apps and a section for previous history. Its a new feature of ICS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I don't know how I have missed this new feature in the Play store for so long. Thanks for pointing it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance