1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ICS OTA 7/31 Auto Brightness Issue New

I seem to be having the opposite issue others were having. My auto brightness won't stay ON. As a matter of fact, it never actually works. If I set the screen to max brightness and turn on auto brightness in a dark room, rather than adjust and dim, it just stays at max brightness. Likewise, if I set it to dimmest and turn it on, it simply stays at the dimmest. When I turn auto on in the browser, it only switches to whatever setting I had it set to in Display. It's never auto adjusting. Any ideas?

Anyway OTA 7/31 Swype worked fine but battery is utter . Went from a full day to 10% gone with phone off in 5 minutes.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: ICS OTA 7/31 Auto Brightness Issue New

Well my battery life is fixed.... Spent 3 hours on the net, wifi, about 100 texts and lost 15%, so that's normal again.... Just need to fix auto bright and I think I'm on my way... This is a different battery, I rotate between two, so I'll see if the old one gives me issues when it's in again... In the mean time I disabled a lot of sounds I read were preventing sleep, also cleared the cache
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

And just like that after several sleep cycles auto brightness just started working again.... 2 hours awake with heavy use down 18%... So far it seems that ICS is just as good as GB, with a lot of getting used to... Can't seem to find a font I like out of the 25 or so I have.... Hope everyone else fixes their issues....

Is your ICS updates coming OTA or did you do it yourself? I just got a s2 today and was looking how to get the ICS update
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Mine was OTA that got initiated recently with t he skype fix on 7/31

Do you have a widget with a brightness component that might be conflicting with the auto brightness setting in Display? My wife's phone has a widget which contains buttons controlling GPS, 4G, Bluetooth, and Brightness, among other things. An "A" on the Brightness button indicates that auto brightness is "on."
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm using the widget that comes stock....
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

And I've never had conflicting settings ....

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

I had this issue on the original roll out.

Looks like they didn't fix it...