Disable system sounds to fix battery issues

BillJr106

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it has been said a thousand times, but just to reiterate, go to settings, sounds, and scroll down and disable / uncheck key tones , touch sounds and screen lock sound. In addition to that I also cleared the cache, and disabled Google Talk because I heard it logs in in the background. Since then my battery has been back to how it was on GB. Good luck ICSers

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
What cache did you clear? The one from the power+volume down press?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

BillJr106

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, volume up hold while powering up.... So far it's running great, no bugs. It's not quite as fluid as GB, but upgrades always seem to take a little zip away from the phone due to the lack of optimization. Everything works. Closest thing to bugs that I've noticed... When face booking I occasionally get data lost or whatever... And when playing scramble with friends the secondnletter doesn't make a sound ...lol :p

RedhddOne

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've done this and have still drained 50% of my battery in 40 minutes of just goofing on Facebook, emails, small Web surfing and a 15 minute phone call. All while having a full signal. My next stop is a sprint store where they better do something really nice for me. :)

BillJr106

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
You turnednoff the sounds and deleted the cache and god rid of google talk? Sounds like you have app issues. What is using your battery the most? Mine is the screen... As it should be...

blars1206

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I've done this and have still drained 50% of my battery in 40 minutes of just goofing on Facebook, emails, small Web surfing and a 15 minute phone call. All while having a full signal. My next stop is a sprint store where they better do something really nice for me. :)

it's definitely not ICS. Don't take this negatively, but it's an app or something...Maybe you have your screen brightness all the way up, it's something else. I can be on my phone continuously for 3 hours and lose less than you are. Look at my stats. Just check through your settings like what you have syncing and how often and so on.

bluemagicx

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Gee turn off sounds disable programs and features and jump thru hoops to get your phone to work half baked??? That is ridiculous! This update sucks. Do what I did and roll back to Gingerbread and wait for a real ICS update.
Now my wife's phone is having the same wifi/data issues I had. Looks like I'll be rolling hers back too.

BillJr106

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
There is a known audio out bug, so the sounds can wake the device... The cache clearing was just good house keeping after a new os install. You don't have to love it, go buy the S3 like I'm doing later today, or revert back to GB. Either way, you sound pretty god damned spoiled considering the device worked great for you already yet you feel you deserve more. If you loved it more before the upgrade, then roll it back and keep loving your device. Samsung doesn't owe you ICS, be happy you were offered it.

Besides lately these android updates don't feel like they add much and feel more like they are just trying to keep interest in the OS rather than each new device. GB felt great to me also, not much need for more than that.... Yet they keep chugging along changing things... Anyway, I love the phone, hopefully the wife likes it when I pass it off to her tonight and I get my S3. I was going to wait for something better but I'm too impatient, I'll just take the S3 now and buy whatever is next when I sell the S3....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane