Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By packhntr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    SGS2= Rooted FF18

Default Music Player

Hi all!

I am searching for a GOOD music player. After the ICS upgrade, I only have the Google Play app and it sucks. It breaks up the albums is they have multiple artists on it. So, I am looking for a GOOD player. I forgot what I had before the upgrade, but it was average. Any suggestions? Preferably something free that also doesn't also use data while it is in use. Thanks!

There's doubletwist, ubermusic, winamp, look in apps>music & audio. Since your on here what about the Samsung music player?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Music Player

I use the samsung music player. It is one of the few that lets you sort by folders and doesn't try to manage your music for you (I Hate when players try to sort by artist, album ETC) And it plays flac so i am good with it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    SGS2= Rooted FF18

Quote Originally Posted by matt3166 View Post
    There's doubletwist, ubermusic, winamp, look in apps>music & audio. Since your on here what about the Samsung music player?

It disappeared with the upgrade...

I like PlayerPro. I also have tried and enjoyed PowerAmp

Quote Originally Posted by packhntr View Post
    Did you do a factory reset to see if it comes back?

Hmm, you should not have lost the stock music app, but yeah a factory reset would probably restore it. Well, if you move forward with flashing CM9, it comes with a music App called Apollo. It's okay, but a bit too much like Google Music maybe.

I'm a big fan of Poweramp though. Excellent music player, but it's not free. I bought it on sale many months ago.
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Thumbs up Possible MP3 Tag Issue & Player Alternative

Hi all!

I only have the Google Play app and it sucks. It breaks up the albums is they have multiple artists on it. So, I am looking for a GOOD player.
    Your issue with the Google Play Music app sounds like it's more related to your MP3 file tags, as opposed to the app itself. I have uploaded my almost 15,000 song collection to Google's Music Cloud as well as having about 1,000 songs loaded locally on my device... and the Google app works quite well for me, especially after ICS and an upgrade to the app itself. If tags are an issue, I can highly recommend the free MP3Tag program, available at .

If you still don't like the Google Play Music, I recommend giving WinAmp a try. It works quite well on the phone and it is even more useful if you you the PC App, including the ability to Sync music and playlist either via USB or WiFi.

Good Luck!

I use WinAmp and even paid for the Pro upgrade. Poweramp also has a lot of fans, but I found the UI to be a little over-the-top for my taste.

I've tried Winamp, doubletwist, and a few others.

Poweramp is definitely the way to go. Winamp's UI, to me, was confusing as hell. Poweramp has more options and is just excellent all around.

Sent from Whiterun, with love.
    Sent from Whiterun, with love.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    SGS2= Rooted FF18

Default Re: Possible MP3 Tag Issue & Player Alternative

Quote Originally Posted by drk65 View Post
    Your issue with the Google Play Music app sounds like it's more related to your MP3 file tags, as opposed to the app itself. I have uploaded my almost 15,000 song collection to Google's Music Cloud as well as having about 1,000 songs loaded locally on my device... and the Google app works quite well for me, especially after ICS and an upgrade to the app itself. If tags are an issue, I can highly recommend the free MP3Tag program, available at .

If you still don't like the Google Play Music, I recommend giving WinAmp a try. It works quite well on the phone and it is even more useful if you you the PC App, including the ability to Sync music and playlist either via USB or WiFi.

Good Luck!
    I wondered about that......but it didn't do it with other players. I will check out the universal tag editor. Thanks!
    drk65 likes this.